Betty Wright Explosion Lp

Guest Jim.

Just had to tell someone...I bought a copy of the Betty Wright - Explosion LP which arrived in the post today for the grand total of 4 dollars. The bloody things still in its origional shrink wrap...never been opened and looks brand new!

I wanted to put it on the turn table tonight but just cant believe the condition and the fact that nobody has touched this in the last 29 years. What a buzz...

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stromberg

Just had to tell someone...I bought a copy of the Betty Wright - Explosion LP which arrived in the post today for the grand total of 4 dollars. The bloody things still in its origional shrink wrap...never been opened and looks brand new!

I wanted to put it on the turn table tonight but just cant believe the condition and the fact that nobody has touched this in the last 29 years. What a buzz...

looks like everybody touched my copy.. :( ..looks pretty worn on the outside.

what a great artist and a great LP with lots of great tracks on it!

:P

Stefan

Social source share

Glad you got it Jim,cheap too.... :good:
Social source share

It's a great LP innit

You might need to sit down , have a cuppa , play it , calm yourself down and then get some work done before the wife comes back in !

Kev J

Social source share

There was a track gettingspins from this LP a couple of years ago, the title escapes me at the moment, but I always think "Life" is the best track on the LP......in saying that the whole LP is very listernable (!).

Chris

Keep Feelin' is my fave of the LP, Life of course is fab & Smother Me was a huge London sound. Isn't there a cover of Open The Door To Your Heart on there as well ??

Girf

Social source share

Dig that groovy hair do !

Have a look at the credits on the back - everyones on it. Most of the guys were involved with the Joss Stone stuff.

Social source share

Keep Feelin' is my fave of the LP, Life of course is fab & Smother Me was a huge London sound. Isn't there a cover of Open The Door To Your Heart on there as well ??

Girf

https://www.bsnpubs.com/atlantic/alston.html

Not sure how complete that is - but Open.. is on there :thumbsup: Also on the ' Travelling In The Wright Circle ' LP.

' This Time For Real ' has the current fave ' Man Of Mine ' . Tho any BW in my book is a belter. !

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Great that Betty Wright is getting a lot of nods at the moment. "sevens" lp from 1986 has some of my faves by her on it, worth checking out, cannot be more than a few quid I'd guess.

Sevens is another gud un. :thumbsup:

Loads of the Alson stuff being banded around lately at venues and on lists - deservedly so ,shes just great

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!