• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

will it be up for sale? first dibs PLEASE

Hi Kirsty

Was round a guys house looking at some records and had a look at his personal collection it was in there he's not sure if he wants to sell it or not.

It was a bit depressing as he has one of the best collections of 70's singles i've seen for a long time.

Derek

Social source share

IMHO KIRSTY TO BLOODY MUCH,THATS ABOUT AS EXACT A PRICE AS I CAN GIVE,WOULD RATHER SPEND MY BIT ON SOMETHING ELSE,LIKE MAYBE JOHNNY RODGERS,IN MY DREAMS ANYWAY.

TAKE CARE, TED. thumbsup.gif:lol::D

That man of mine loves it... and its his money I spend! Personally I want a Mixed Emotions - so can someone find one for me please :lol:

Oh and Ted, don't lead Geoff astray this weekend... he's an old fella remember!

Social source share

Nobody`s gonna` pay 3k for the mob,ever.... whistling.gif

As Roly said I was offered £3k CASH for my Hamilton Movement. A serious collector wanted to know if it was for sale I said 'No' and later his partner made the cash offer as she wanted to get him for 'his birthday'.

As I refused we'll never know if the money would have materialised but knowing what he spends on records I strongly suspect it would have. I was called 'mad' at the time by a number of people but basically refused for two reasons:

1. I am a collector (If you understand then I don't need to explain. If you don't understand then I can't explain); and

2. I had said it wasn't for sale and making such an extortionate bid felt to me like I was being given an offer I wouldn't refuse. Doesn't matter what the offer is not for sale means not for sale just because someone has more free money than me doesn't mean anything I own they can have if they offer me enough money.

I'm sure the offer wasn't meant to appear arrogant or patronising and had the record been for sale I'd have jumped at the offer.

Same old story I guess a record is worth what the buyer will pay and the seller will accept.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!