Ponds Forge, Sheffield City Centre.... Fri 10th Feb

The next Ponds Forge is on the usual 2nd Friday of the month.... 10th February....

Guest for the night is Chris Anderton.... making his first visit behind the decks....

Usual 8.00pm-2.00am with bar til 1.30am.... £3 b4 10, £4 after....

Hope to see some of you Soul Sourcers on the floor.... or at the bar wink.gif ....

> SEE EVENTS HERE < for further details :lol: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
  • Replies 52
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The next Ponds Forge is on the usual 2nd Friday of the month.... 10th February....

Guest for the night is Chris Anderton.... making his first visit behind the decks....

Hope to see some of you Soul Sourcers on the floor.... or at the bar shades.gif ....

> SEE EVENTS HERE < for further details :lol: ....

Great night last month Mark.

If Chris Anderton's bringing his record bar he should have a birthday, took a 50 box of stuff i wanted to move on last month & could'nt believe how much i sold :lol: .

Off topic i know but has Errol rang you yet?

Great night last month Mark.

If Chris Anderton's bringing his record bar he should have a birthday, took a 50 box of stuff i wanted to move on last month & could'nt believe how much i sold laugh.gif .

Off topic i know but has Errol rang you yet?

Cheers Martin :thumbsup: ....

I'm told most sellers do OK with their sales boxes....

And what do you think.... no :lol: ....

Hope to see some of you Soul Sourcers on the floor.... or at the bar :ohmy: ....

> SEE EVENTS HERE < for further details :wicked: ....

Just bumping this back up....

Looking forward to sharing a few drinks with any other SS's that come along :ohmy: ....

I will be attending the night, and seeing as i am home alone all night.........i may just get hammered........

I may even bring some records to sell, infact seeing as i will just be relaxing and not dancing, i intend to stay in the record bar area all night...........behaving and saying nothing.....

I will be attending the night, and seeing as i am home alone all night.........i may just get hammered........

I may even bring some records to sell, infact seeing as i will just be relaxing and not dancing, i intend to stay in the record bar area all night...........behaving and saying nothing.....

On the first point Brett.... I wouldn't expect anything else mate :lol: .... I might be with you on that one blush.gif ....

On the second point.... sell.... you :D .... didn't think you ever let go of owt :D ....

On the last point.... behaving, saying nothing.... seeing is believing :D:( ....

Hope to see some of you Soul Sourcers on the floor.... or at the bar biggrin.gif ....

> SEE EVENTS HERE < for further details :D ....

Mum,mum..Mum?..MUM!!!! Can I go Mum? :lol:

Then 'Condor Man' will be there Brett :thumbsup:

I just looked that up in wikipedia:

"..A large, unaerodynamic vinyl vulture, usually found scavenging over the 7 hills of Sheffield"

I just looked that up in wikipedia:

"..A large, unaerodynamic vinyl vulture, usually found scavenging over the 7 hills of Sheffield"

are you talking about Brett 'thin but fun' Franklin?

:thumbsup:

Shane

Gonna be home early Friday, had a ************** of a week at work(tell you the events later boys...you'll cry tears...but i assure you i didn't)...anyhow i aim to beat Mark Etheridge to the building.....Really looking forward to Chris playing, and i promise not to come behind the decks Chris and pull 45's out of your box screaming you have to play this.... :lol:

Edited by Brett

Brett, You can look thru my records anytime mate, just dont tell anyone they are all pressings! I should be there for around 8.30 setting up my sales.....really looking forward to this night and putting some names to faces....

See ya there.....

Chris

Chris, you don't realise what you've said :lol: . Mark Etheridge will now have to bring a 'chemical cosh' for Brett coz the muzzle and normal sedative just won't be enough now.

BTW, I'll try to get Dan Castle to turn up. :lol:

Steve, Dont you dare, Djing is one thing but DJing with former work colleagues watching you is another! Be great to see Dean though, dont think I`ve seen him in 3 years but spoke on the phone a couple of months ago....absolute top bloke!

Not sure what I`ve said about the pressings but I`ve got a feeling I might get searched on the way in now!

Chris

Steve, Dont you dare, Djing is one thing but DJing with former work colleagues watching you is another! Be great to see Dean though, dont think I`ve seen him in 3 years but spoke on the phone a couple of months ago....absolute top bloke!

Not sure what I`ve said about the pressings but I`ve got a feeling I might get searched on the way in now!

Chris

Brett is Chief of the soul police in Sheffield Chris. Theres always a purge on pressings and cd's when he's on duty. :lol:

Just like to add that any early birds (8pm) can come and dance to some of my 45's seeing as i am doubling with Mark for the first hour. Requests will be handled with charm and sincerity...then told where to shove it.... shades.gif ........(thats just humour.....you won't need an axe)

Brett

Edited by Brett

Just like to add that an early birds (8pm) can come and dance to some of my 45's seeing as i am doubling with Mark for the first hour. Requests will be handled with charm and sincerity...then told where to shove it.... :lol: ........(thats just humour.....you won't need an axe)

Brett

So it'll be Stickball Team, Morris Chestnut (issue) Curtis Davis, Tangeers Johnny Vanelli, etc etc etc :D

Only kidding Mark shades.gif

Just like to add that an early birds (8pm) can come and dance to some of my 45's seeing as i am doubling with Mark for the first hour. Requests will be handled with charm and sincerity...then told where to shove it.... :P ........(thats just humour.....you won't need an axe)

Brett

Could be the first 2 hours Brett :D:D .... I've just done the rota and it's my turn for the 9-10 spot shades.gif ....

8-9 "warm up"

9-10 Mark E

10-11 Chris M

11-12 Chris Anderton

12-1 Tony W

1-2 Errol G

6hrs and counting :lol: ....

Ok, here is my playlist from Ponds forge last Friday...really enjoyed the night guys....thanks for having me.......

Off the top of my head and in no particular order;

Troy Dodds-Try my love-El camino

Hytones-Bigger and better-Abet

T J Williams-Baby I need you-Josie

The Volumes-I aint gonna give you up-Karen

The Sparkells-Try love one more time-Oldtown

Shirly Lawson-One more chance-Backbeat

The Ellusions-You did`nt have to leave-Lamon

Barbara Acklin-Am I the same gorl-Brunswick

Darrell Banks-I`m the one who loves you-Volt

The Stoppers-Come back baby-Jubilee

Paul Thompson-Special kind of woman-volt