Winfield Parker

tony_i

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got a soft spot for Sweet Little Girl by Winfield Parker. Never heard it played out - anyone else know this groovy little cheapie?

Yes, absolutely brilliant and shouldn't really be a cheapie..it's about £30 quid...on two labels as well...fantastic record

Just thought I'd share this cracking piece of 70s soul that arrived on the doormat this morning.

What d'ya reckon?

Tony :huh:

Absolutely f*cking awful disco record which should have been melted down before distribution.

The reason so many people left the scene in the late 70's is because of the dj's playing turds like this.

Social source share

Got a soft spot for Sweet Little Girl by Winfield Parker. Never heard it played out - anyone else know this groovy little cheapie?

Oh yes, nice tune. I played it out a bit a few years ago. Isn`t that the one that came out twice on Ru-Jac, red and green label design with the green one being slightly different take and rarer ?

Marc

Social source share

Absolutely f*cking awful disco record which should have been melted down before distribution.

The reason so many people left the scene in the late 70's is because of the dj's playing turds like this.

Ha Ha!! :thumbsup: . Pete did you get bitten on the arse by a 70's soul record when you were young? So much hatred. I'm a bit like that with wasps.

Jordi

Social source share

Ha Ha!! :) . Pete did you get bitten on the arse by a 70's soul record when you were young? So much hatred. I'm a bit like that with wasps.

Jordi

Records like that and it's ilk make me embarassed to be on the scene. I don't even classify it as music. :thumbsup:

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Oh yes, nice tune. I played it out a bit a few years ago. Isn`t that the one that came out twice on Ru-Jac, red and green label design with the green one being slightly different take and rarer ?

Marc

Don't know. My copy is on red Ru-Jac. Glad a few of us groove on it too. Great track imho

Social source share

Just thought I'd share this cracking piece of 70s soul that arrived on the doormat this morning.

What d'ya reckon?

Tony :thumbsup:

We were buying those by the handful out of Kop's (here in Toronto) for $6 CDN a pop back in the day. Nice tune.

K in Canada.

P.S. Bet Martin's more pissed at the 4 Norris Vines I bought for the same price.

Social source share

You don't get out enough Dayo, I've been playing this out, superb it is too. Fair bit rarer on Rujac compared to Atco, seen as much as £150 on Ru-jac.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!