The Best Dance Floor

steve z

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Of them I´ve been to def Kings Hall Stoke. Long time I´ve been but wasn´t floor at Trentham Gardens very nice as well ? (huge!)

Of the smaller ones i remember I liked the one at Viaduct ( a while I was there too hope it goes well for Dean :0) )

Social source share

Got to go for the Winter Gardens, Cleethorpes, But I would say that ive been dancing on it for the last 25 Years :wicked:
I played out at Blackpool winter Gardens some time ago AND awesome FLOORS..........But I do remember BOLTON PALAIS late 60s bouncing floor........but not my fave yet......... :sweatingbullets::yes:
Social source share

I played out at Blackpool winter Gardens some time ago AND awesome FLOORS..........But I do remember BOLTON PALAIS late 60s bouncing floor........but not my fave yet......... :wicked::D
Nottingham Palais had a great floor in the main hall but the revolving floor in the Jazz Funk room stole the show. Got on it at 1 side of the room & finished up at the other side.

Some great emotive dancers in there as well, not your normal run of the mill jumped up acrobats :yes:

I know, i'll get mi coat :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Nottingham Palais had a great floor in the main hall but the revolving floor in the Jazz Funk room stole the show. Got on it at 1 side of the room & finished up at the other side.

Some great emotive dancers in there as well, not your normal run of the mill jumped up acrobats :wicked:

I know, i'll get mi coat :sweatingbullets:

Hi MUST have been great to have been there AND to SEE :yes: ATB Stevie
Social source share

Hi MUST have been great to have been there AND to SEE :wicked: ATB Stevie
Were great days (late 70s - early 80s).

Some great dancers about then (in both rooms).

Always wished it would go wrong & speed up, now that would be worth seeing :sweatingbullets:

Always liked the dancefloor at Clifton Hall in my home town of Rotherham but i'm no expert on the topic as i dance like my avatar :yes:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Any decent proper wooden dance floor is fine by me.

Perhaps we should have another thread "WORST DANCE FLOOR" must be some crap ones out there. :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Perhaps we should have another thread "WORST DANCE FLOOR" must be some crap ones out there. :sweatingbullets:

MANCHESTER RITZ IN THE 70'S USED TO BE CALLED THE TRAMPOLINE IT WAS SO SPRINGY.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Worst dance floor? The Dome without a doubt. Unless it's been repaired recently (haven't been for a while) it takes real skill as a dancer to dodge the holes. Having said that, i always enjoyed dancing there so it could also be the best.

Also that temporary dancefloor they put down at New Century Manchester, nightmare.

Historically the Oddfellows at Leicester had a very nice dancefloor.

Matt

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Worst dance floor? The Dome without a doubt. Unless it's been repaired recently (haven't been for a while) it takes real skill as a dancer to dodge the holes. Having said that, i always enjoyed dancing there so it could also be the best.

Also that temporary dancefloor they put down at New Century Manchester, nightmare.

Historically the Oddfellows at Leicester had a very nice dancefloor.

Matt

The Oddfellows did have a nice dancefloor. Worst? Just up the road at the old Hinckley Leisure Centre nighters...

Social source share

The Nags head in Sleaford, small, but very good.

Blimey, I always thought that the Nags Head was in Peckham. :sweatingbullets:

The dance floor at my do [ Burnley Cricket Club ] is excellent and doesn't need talc. And if you don't believe me, come and have a go if you think your up to it. [ blatent plug ]

Phil.

Social source share

Blimey, I always thought that the Nags Head was in Peckham. :sweatingbullets:

The dance floor at my do [ Burnley Cricket Club ] is excellent and doesn't need talc. And if you don't believe me, come and have a go if you think your up to it. [ blatent plug ]

Phil.

:wicked:

Social source share

In the 1960's my family had an hotel in Rhyl called the Morville (Netspeaky and anyone else from that area will know this now as the biggest dive in town, think it has actually been closed down) but then this had the most wonderful sprung wooden dance floor absolute heaven to dance on :wicked:

QoFxx

Social source share

The Oddfellows did have a nice dancefloor. Worst? Just up the road at the old Hinckley Leisure Centre nighters...
No the place before Oddfellows that they used in Leicester had easily the worst floor ever. I dont even think it was a club, more like an empty showroom.

It was horrible.

Did you go?

Social source share

worst dancefloor ever - The Cricketer allnighters at Wigan, floor so tacky - loads of people put talc down and this old bloke used to come round mopping up with the lights on every so often, and telling people off ! :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

No the place before Oddfellows that they used in Leicester had easily the worst floor ever. I dont even think it was a club, more like an empty showroom.

It was horrible.

Did you go?

If you mean "Electric Theatre" then yes. Its a carpet store now though...awful :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Jim.
Social source share

Guest Martin Coleman

Best dance floor - I always liked the old Bradford Queen's Hall.

Worst - the "do it yourself" floors, where cardboard is taped over the venue carpet!

Social source share

Best dance floor - I always liked the old Bradford Queen's Hall.

Worst - the "do it yourself" floors, where cardboard is taped over the venue carpet!

Queens hall,was a belter Martin,good call....... :yes:

Social source share

Stoke and Winsford right up there. Rugby has a great floor, as did the Aquarius. Willington is excellent as well. Goodyears pretty good, Wellingborough when slowed down is nice as well. Best floor in London for me, was Driv's original scenesville venue that Boy George took over.

Win:-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!