Link to site

Got a link here to a BBC "Northern soul" site https://www.bbc.co.uk/stoke/music/northerns.../weblinks.shtml

i'll let people read it, but am i missing something, i first got involved around 81, and have always managed to attend a few venues through all those years (even through a period when the masters of this country deemed otherwise!) i for one do not see the rare soul scene as a "Revivalist" movement, isn't this a Rock 'n' Roll deal? It surely (in my opinion)is a progressive forward thinking club based culture one that has always involved incredible SOUL music.

When did it become a nostalgia craze ? look i am not going to hark on about this but really have i been involved in a music culture alien to the one mentioned in the link?

yours confused.....Brett

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Brett

You're not going mad !!!!!!

All due respects for Mary Fox and I don't want to be seen as putting her down in any shape or form........

But on her radio show she plays cds and reads from the the cd info'

everyone to their own so they say.

Mary has been around for a while now, she use to be the clockroom attendant at THE TORCH so one beleives .

Her radio show is quite good,,, give it a listen if you haven't already done so.

As you and I know that a revival night is nothing but 'oldie Oldies' & nothing to do with the rare soul sceen.

Social source share

Shute, agree with the comment about Mary Fox, just the comment about " They have money and maturity and a desire to remember their youth. They still try to dance the steps of thirty years ago " I guess that statement got me in a whirl.....i'll cheer up next week when i get to Manchester...........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!