Question

Guest miff

Sat at work on nights again and just wonderd if there where ever played out any where at any time. I seem to remember being told of a Jackie Wilson track way back when, but i think that was more of a collectors thing as it was also released as a 45

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry I don't mean this funny but how could you dj with 78's, record decks don't have 78rpm on them now.. If you turned up some where to dj and the decks did have it on, they would have to be quite an old piece of kit.. ...

I supose if you found a track on 78 you would have to have it cut on to acetate... (they proberly weigh about the same..)

;-)

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

it'd could make whole new meaning to an oldies night, where the average age and record speed are one the same

danny

hahahaha :-D

Also instead of spinning Glen Miller (doctor bird "where is the love") we now really can spin Glenn Miller!

Sorry..

best

Leo

Social source share

Blimey I honestly didn't know that... dig out them old 78's.... it's party time... I did have a version of Rudolph the red nose raindier on 78 by little smokey/boy robinson.. 

(was some name like that, anyway it was smokey robinson when he was a little boy)

There are some Numarks with 78 RPM and I think the guys at "All Tore Up" have them althought they play 45's and album tracks at their Rockabilly night. I have a Shure 44 cart with a 78 stylus and a box of R&R 78's . Of course being Rockabillies their followers may turn up their noses at the Aquatones, Fats Domino, Larry Williams and call me a Showaddywaddy fan (their equivalent of modern)

With the right deck, cartridge and stylus 78's are sonically superior to 45's. I almost managed to win to win a 78 of The Walk with Jimmy McCracklin which has been played at certain venues on 45.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!