Please, Help Id Rare Tune

Hello!

I've been searching for a specific song for over 20 years now (every now and then).

Now I've decided to give it some more tries.

I recorded the song from Radio Luxemburg in about 1984 and I have transferred it to a mp3-file (about 45 seconds).

Please, listen and try to ID the artist and/or song title.

Soul experts are my only hope and you are probably the best soul experts around!

PLEASE, help

https://www.fberg.molndal.se/so/highwayman45sec.mp3

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

lyrics from the noisy mp3

you'd better watch out I'm just a rolling stone

the kind of guy, baby, you can never call your own

you'd better run away before it gets too late

before I catch your heart and put it on my plate

you'd better run away

you'd better run away

you'd better run away

you'd better run away

....(??)....

I'm just a highway man

I try to ..(??).. when I can

First artist I could think of was Billy Ocean :thumbsup:

80's production.

Social source share

No. Be surprised if it`s a soul singer. :)

Sounds more Hideaway Man to me....and very Alexander O'Neal....Catriona is the one to ask about this sorta stuff, or maybe Gavin can help.....but me finks they mite all be at Lifeline/Luton....anywhere than in on their comps on a Sat night... :thumbsup:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
Social source share

Sounds more Hideaway Man to me....

Maybe but according to the lyrics, "Highway man" seems to be the right one ("kind of guy you can never call you own" etc). Didn't want to put the words in your mouth so I'm thankful to get an alternative there.

You mean Alexander O'Neal? Well he wasn't around for real until '86. But I agree - his voice is there somewhere.

I'll have patience for those guys that might help me out. I've had patience for 20 years now...so.

Thanks so far.

Edited by sirugo
Social source share

Maybe but according to the lyrics, "Highway man" seems to be the right one ("kind of guy you can never call you own" etc). Didn't want to put the words in your mouth so I'm thankful to get an alternative there.

You mean Alexander O'Neal? Well he wasn't around for real until '86. But I agree - his voice is there somewhere.

I'll have patience for those guys that might help me out. I've had patience for 20 years now...so.

Thanks so far.

Just thinking the people on the modern soul site might be able to help....link below

https://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=13017

Social source share

Guest biggray1

This is an Lp track on Glades or Drive! sounds very Much like Miami Soul to me,Latimore,Peter Brown,Controllers,True Image also look at Juana Label Tk etc!i have heared this before! will investigate!

Social source share

Very funny.

This is not a joke and even though some not-so-serious guys around don't think the tune perfectly fits on here, some serious guys do. So let them do the talking, please.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!