Wayne Fontana

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

demo very rare :) however issue dog rare :) , got one for sale if you want :thumbsup:
how many copies are there of wayne fontana ps and how much you asking for it please thanks
Social source share

I've never known anyone ask how many copies there are of a British record! There will be at least 100 demos and probably 400 issues but I don't think too many got out before it was withdrawn. Probably 100. I base that on the fact that I've had 3 and Mick Smith's had a dozen.

Social source share

I've never known anyone ask how many copies there are of a British record! There will be at least 100 demos and probably 400 issues but I don't think too many got out before it was withdrawn. Probably 100. I base that on the fact that I've had 3 and Mick Smith's had a dozen.
thnks for the info so the withdrawn one is worth about £200 then i herd there were only ten copies must have got it wrong sorry no ones perfect but where soul records are you have to be because there so rare most of them ps i have got a record by lenny miles called hercules good track but dont no much about it would love some info on it cheers
Social source share

hi there soulies could anyone let me no if wayne fontana did many demos of the single give me just a little more time thanks dave. :thumbsup: [

Out of all the UK demos philips and polydor are probably the hardest to finf generally.

Purchased a wayne fontana demo on ebay for £37 two months back, if that helps.

SHEEP

Social source share

Well theres a good reason why those two labels' demos are rare - they didn't issue any between 1964 and 1968. Just issue copies with 'sample copy not for sale' stamped in yellow ink, or with a sticker saying the same. Philips bought back it'd red and white demos in 68 but Polydor didn't. The same applies to Fontana.

Social source share

sorry pete confused here, have you ever had an issue copy

Social source share

Used to love Wayne Fontana's "Something keeps calling me back." This was the B side of Pamela Pamela. Fontana TF 770.(1966) I seem to remember that interest in the record caused Fontana to rerelease it in about 1969. But Fontana cocked it up. Not realising that it was the B side that people wanted the record was reissued with another flip side. Can Pete S confirm that... or have I been harbouring an urban myth for 35 years!

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

You now know of 3. smile.gif

It was withdrawn a few days after being released, apparantly objections from Invictus :lol:

I actually quite like it :unsure: thanks steve for that

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!