New Soul Site

Kevin Cox

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time between posts, after a number of personal setbacks last year I have been lying low and developing what I hope is a new slant on a Soul Auction website here in the Frozen north. WWW.SOULSPINNER.COM.

This will replace Arctic Soul RIP had some nightmares with the funsters at Canada Post so majority of stock is now secure in UK for easy shipment.

When it's -20 Celsius outside and dumping snow 5 months of the year you need a diversion; of course I'm looking to sell a few tunes, but also want to get other soul fans involved in the site, try to combine the best of both auction site and discussion forum into one, obviously not trying to compete with this one!

I also got fed up with eBay charging more and more for listings, so if anyone is interested you will be able to post your records for free on this site just a small charge for sold records only. (See site for details).

As a collector and long time devotee of soul music I wanted other collectors and DJ's to share their treasures online, have setup a DJ page on the site where again you can upload sound clips and info on some of your own tunes that others may not be aware of or just didn't know "who that was". I put a couple of my own up, if you would like to participate be sure to check the DJ box during site registration.

Last but not least, plan to introduce something a bit different, the "Virtual DJ Booth". Each month a different DJ or collector will be invited to broadcast their own show via the site not just from the UK but worldwide, keep checking the site for developments.

Tried to make the site as easy to use as possible, it will take time to add interesting content so appreciate any feed back good or bad "when you have been bald for twenty years you can take a few jibesJ" unsure.gif

Best

Kevin Cox

WWW.Soulspinner.Com

post-4486-1139199088_thumb.jpg

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone, i thought you might like to know that my good friend Kevin Cox has just set up a new site Soulspinner.com which is well worth a look, the site is dedicated to all things soulful, with the main idea being the selling of records by set sale and auction, forums etc. there is also a DJ page where you can post comments, top tens etc. you can register free of charge and it would be nice if everyone here on soul source supported Kevin's new venture, i'm sure Mike won't mind me mentioning this here.

Take a look and show some support if records are your thing, i'm sure there are going to be some juicy records on offer just as soon as Kevin gets the main stock posted up on the site.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Hi everyone, i thought you might like to know that my good friend Kevin Cox has just set up a new site Soulspinner.com which is well worth a look, the site is dedicated to all things soulful, with the main idea being the selling of records by set sale and auction, forums etc. there is also a DJ page where you can post comments, top tens etc. you can register free of charge and it would be nice if everyone here on soul source supported Kevin's new venture, i'm sure Mike won't mind me mentioning this here.

Take a look and show some support if records are your thing, i'm sure there are going to be some juicy records on offer just as soon as Kevin gets the main stock posted up on the site.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

This is my second home(S/S),did have a look and it looks good,Kev sez` he`s set this up so he`ll save money on ebay :yes: ,why its not that expencive is it? :lol: ,Kev`s is computor literate i presume,pity he dont log on here too much,give us some support,instead of sales lists all the time,or is it people slag of Kevs prices on here? :thumbsup: soul sites are getting like soul nights on the web,they`re everywhere........anyway good lukc :lol:

Social source share

Thanks Mark

just getting my carcass out of bed here in snowy Canada it's a balmy -8 here -15 with the wind chill in any language bloody cold, so takes a bit to get going.

Just thinking its 25 years since those halcyon days in Reading pipers island black horse .........its all your fault!!

The site is getting some good traction thanks to all those from this site who have had a look and registered.

Ken is right there are plenty of sites flogging records and im not pretending that isn't what im up to, but like say wanted to try something a bit different with the site:

First off people can auction their own records anyone who uses eBay will notice they take more and more fees each month. Im not a fan of giant corporations, but then if people are sheep, why are there only two cola beverages, McDonalds don't get me started Google and eBay rant rant..

I also have an undying passion for the music like most on this site, im always a little disappointed when I come over to UK in summer go to the gigs and listen to the same 20 tunes over and over, still love em' but there must be 100.000's that could be played and not all the ones that cost a G Note plus.

The idea behind the sites DJ forums is to get a few more obscurities up and also get a prospective of what people play in other countries we have people registered right across the globe already.

Time for a cup of crappy Canadian tea I've run out of PG tips ... mum if your online send us another 500

coxy

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Thanks Mark

just getting my carcass out of bed here in snowy Canada it's a balmy -8 here -15 with the wind chill in any language bloody cold, so takes a bit to get going.

Just thinking its 25 years since those halcyon days in Reading pipers island black horse .........its all your fault!!

The site is getting some good traction thanks to all those from this site who have had a look and registered.

Ken is right there are plenty of sites flogging records and im not pretending that isn't what im up to, but like say wanted to try something a bit different with the site:

First off people can auction their own records anyone who uses eBay will notice they take more and more fees each month. Im not a fan of giant corporations, but then if people are sheep, why are there only two cola beverages, McDonalds don't get me started Google and eBay rant rant..

I also have an undying passion for the music like most on this site, im always a little disappointed when I come over to UK in summer go to the gigs and listen to the same 20 tunes over and over, still love em' but there must be 100.000's that could be played and not all the ones that cost a G Note plus.

The idea behind the sites DJ forums is to get a few more obscurities up and also get a prospective of what people play in other countries we have people registered right across the globe already.

Time for a cup of crappy Canadian tea I've run out of PG tips ... mum if your online send us another 500

coxy

And not forgetting Emmer Green Youth Club there Kevin....yes i guess it's my fault...lol good luck with the site mate.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

So you've made another version of record-dealer.com but with a "Virtual DJ Booth" ?

No wonder ebay stays on top of the game when all the dissatisfied sellers make their own auction site instead of cooperating on just one site. :lol:

Oh well, good luck to you Kevin :thumbsup:

edit: Too late to be a smartass once again. Some day I'll get there first

Edited by LarsC
Social source share

Thanks Mark

What you live in a tent :lol: turn the fukcin` heating up you tight arse :yes: ,we reight Kev?,remember the flat(scwat)in finsbury park,you had some good partys there,i drive past quiet a lot,still looks the same,good times then, to be honest they dont get much better,anyhow good look with your site,i will sign in next time i have a look,but expect the un-expected,if i post...........oh i love slaggin` off prices,not just yours, everybody`s,i dont do favouritism very well :thumbsup:

all the best,and good lukc :lol:

Edited by ken
Social source share

Its all about marketing just look at google I say F Ebay did you know that was started partialy so someones wife could sell beanie babies................

it takes a lot of time and cash to develop a good web site ask mike i see him on here around 4am when most people are akip, so we are starting off modestly , but I do intend to add a few more dynamics to the site so its ist just another auction site

Its intersting looking at the different technologies in NorthAmerica and Europe in some things Europe miles behind broadband in uk anyhow, yet others far advanced believe it or not texting is only just catching on here, So im hoping to use some of that stuff. Christ on a bike i thought I was on one of my compute geek sites sorry folks more tea vicar.

So you've made another version of record-dealer.com but with a "Virtual DJ Booth" ?

No wonder ebay stays on top of the game when all the dissatisfied sellers make their own auction site instead of cooperating on just one site. :lol:

Oh well, good luck to you Kevin :thumbsup:

edit: Too late to be a smartass once again. Some day I'll get there first

Social source share

Its all about marketing just look at google I say F Ebay did you know that was started partialy so someones wife could sell beanie babies................

it takes a lot of time and cash to develop a good web site ask mike i see him on here around 4am when most people are akip, so we are starting off modestly , but I do intend to add a few more dynamics to the site so its ist just another auction site

Its intersting looking at the different technologies in NorthAmerica and Europe in some things Europe miles behind broadband in uk anyhow, yet others far advanced believe it or not texting is only just catching on here, So im hoping to use some of that stuff. Christ on a bike i thought I was on one of my compute geek sites sorry folks more tea vicar.

Kev,

PM me your address and I'll send you some teabags... whats your preference?

Kirsty

Social source share

do you know the pianos on me foot dad.......you hum it son

prefer yorkshire tea myself - but then I'm not a chimp.... a bit of a monkey sometimes though :thumbsup:

Not a fan of the cold - it does frightening things to certain parts of my anatomy - and no rubbing 'em doesn't work! :ohmy:

Social source share

funny you should mention that i was just thinking of trying that :ohmy: .......think ill have another cuppa instead

prefer yorkshire tea myself - but then I'm not a chimp.... a bit of a monkey sometimes though :thumbsup:

Not a fan of the cold - it does frightening things to certain parts of my anatomy - and no rubbing 'em doesn't work! :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!