jonbuck

• Replies 31
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Timothy

Ady Potts's Dome 1st Anniversary This Friday with Alex Jones Tony Parker Neil Brown Rob Messer Graham Driver Pottsy & Dereck Peterson 9 till 3 £5....Record Bar & Cloakroom & this is the last one upstairs....

Jon Buck

hi Jon,

this will be my first visit to the dome & i must say i'm looking forward to it. i recently had the pleasure of listening to one of Tony Parkers d.j. spots & i must say the quality of music was incredible. with the records that he & Ady have at their disposal this is one night that i'm really looking forward to. see you there.

best regards

Timothy

hi Jon,

listening to one of Tony Parkers d.j. spots & i must say the quality of music was incredible. with the records that he & Ady have at their disposal this is one night that i'm really looking forward to. see you there.Timothy

Timothy

I have been to the last 3 Dome Events & must say that the MUSIC has been spot on, you won't here a bad tune all night ....

Jon Buck

Guest Timothy

Timothy

I have been to the last 3 Dome Events & must say that the MUSIC has been spot on, you won't here a bad tune all night ....

Jon Buck

hi

you've hit the right note there for me John :unsure:

by the way, i notice you have Carl Fortnum as a d.j. at your next event, does he still wear that duffle coat with the hood up when he d.j.'s?

best regards

Timothy

hi Jon,

this will be my first visit to the dome & i must say i'm looking forward to it. i recently had the pleasure of listening to one of Tony Parkers d.j. spots & i must say the quality of music was incredible. with the records that he & Ady have at their disposal this is one night that i'm really looking forward to. see you there.

best regards

Timothy

Cool :unsure: Nice to see you're back on the scene mate, make sure you say hello on friday.

Ady Potts's Dome 1st Anniversary This Friday with Alex Jones Tony Parker Neil Brown Rob Messer Graham Driver Pottsy & Dereck Peterson 9 till 3 £5....Record Bar & Cloakroom & this is the last one upstairs....Jon Buck

Hey up Jon - my mum said they chose my name so people couldn't spell it wrong. Oh and my surname's Pearson not Peterson. Its all good fun innit, Derek

see you at the bar Friday

Hey up Jon - my mum said they chose my name so people couldn't spell it wrong. Oh and my surname's Pearson not Peterson. Its all good fun innit, Derek see you at the bar Friday

No excuses....I read it wrong....or read it to quickly.... Friday's DJ's Include....

Derek Pearson....

Jon Buck

Looking forward to it myself. First do I've been to this year.

I urge anyone with the ability & energy to support this Friday.

Music quality is always superb so bring your dancing shoes.

Rob Messer

hi Jon,

best regards

Timothy

Guest Russ Smith

Derek Pearson, Pottsy and Rob Messer all on the same bill......

I'd better get my lazy arse in gear then!

Seriously sad to see the big room go as it has that Northern venue echoey big room vibe to it..

Downstairs has got a 100 club feel to it though, sure it will work out,

See you all there. whistling.gif

Derek Pearson, Pottsy and Rob Messer all on the same bill......

I'd better get my lazy arse in gear then!

Seriously sad to see the big room go as it has that Northern venue echoey big room vibe to it..

Downstairs has got a 100 club feel to it though, sure it will work out,

See you all there. whistling.gif

I think the downstairs room is great, much better IMO.

Good luck on Friday - don't think I can make it but happy anniversary!

Martin

Ady Potts's Dome 1st Anniversary This Friday with Alex Jones Tony Parker Neil Brown Rob Messer Graham Driver Pottsy & Dereck Peterson 9 till 3 £5....Record Bar & Cloakroom & this is the last one upstairs....Jon Buck

Seems to have slipped off the Events Guide @ the Bottom of The Main Page on S-S....

JB

Edited by jonbuck
Guest Stuart T

Looking forward to it myself. First do I've been to this year.

I urge anyone with the ability & energy to support this Friday.

Music quality is always superb so bring your dancing shoes.

Rob Messer

Would be there but double booked tonight, may be able to come along later, in any event hope it is a good one.

Guest Soulie007

I am going and I am sure at 3am Saturday morning I am going to be leaving the venue with a tear in my eye from sadness at the loss of a Top venue in London for dancing to Northern Soul and RnB.

I first went there in 1984 for the CCI National Mod Meeeting then did not go back there for years until the CSC moved there from Shreditch.

For the years 2000 - 04 it had the greatest atmosphere and the highest attendance of any Northern Soul Non Alniter that I have ever been too.

I will never forget the first time Sidney Barnes went on stage there at the CSC he was awsome it was the greatest night.

So.......... I call on all those who have been there either at Mr. Potts Do or to the CSC get yourself down there and party like never before and give this big ballroom a really great send off.

Tell you freinds .. tell everyone you know who went there since year 2000 to go there cos I am. blush.gif

Edited by Soulie007

Hi Martin,Bring some dosh with you, found you some R&B pottsy

Can't make it tonight....Sue's been having a few bad days so it looks like we are in for the weekend....Hope it all goes well tonight & I bet because we won't be there it will be a corker....

Keep @ It

Jon & Sue Buck

Ady Potts's Dome 1st Anniversary This Friday with Alex Jones Tony Parker Neil Brown Rob Messer Graham Driver Pottsy & Dereck Pearson 9 till 3 £5....Record Bar & Cloakroom & this is the last one upstairs....Jon Buck

Fell asleep on the Sofa....Very Boring I Know....How Did The Night Go????

JB

[so.......... I call on all those who have been there either at Mr. Potts Do or to the CSC get yourself down there and party like never before and give this big ballroom a really great send off.]

Unfortunately the numbers last night were rather small. Just can't understand why. The music played was excellent imo. The venue is obviously little different from its glory days, just a barrier behind the tables near the bar.

So why the low turnout? I feel really sorry for Ady and the other DJs, they did a great job. Put some playlists up if you can please. I enjoyed Derek Pearson's set, he played tracks that I was familiar with in come cases, but just didn't know title or artiste.

The only downers were the lack of people and the cold, but that is because of lack of bodies. First time I can remember keeping my jumper on at a soul night. It was good to see a couple of my friends there.

There seemed to be more girls dancing most of the time as opposed to men, rather different from most Northern nights, LOL.

Again I ask the question that has been discussed on Soul Source before, where are all the Northern Soul fans in London?

I hope there is a good turnout next Friday for Solid Hit Soul.

Unfortunately the numbers last night were rather small. Just can't understand why. ...The only downers were the lack of people and the cold, but that is because of lack of bodies. First time I can remember keeping my jumper on at a soul night. where are all the Northern Soul fans in London?

I hope there is a good turnout next Friday for Solid Hit Soul.

Well you can't say Ady hasn't tried to get this venue going.... I have been to the 3 previous events that Ady has run here & each time there was never more than a handfull of the London Crowd in....the times I went most of the people that were there were from well outside London Herts Beds Essex [Johnny] ....Who Really knows what the answer is....

....as for Solid Hit Soul next Friday....They can't & won't go wrong with this night....

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck

Well you can't say Ady hasn't tried to get this venue going.... I have been to the 3 previous events that Ady has run here & each time there was never more than a handfull of the London Crowd in....the times I went most of the people that were there were from well outside London Herts Beds Essex [Johnny] ....Who Really knows what the answer is....

....as for Solid Hit Soul next Friday....They can't & won't go wrong with this night....

Jon Buck

Fingers crossed Jon :thumbsup: Hope Sues feeling better mate best wishes

Disappointing & demoralising night for Ady & all the DJs i imagine, nothing wrong with the music ! Hopefully downstairs in the smaller room things will pick up. All I'm hearing is of empty venues everywhere, worrying times :yes: