The Upbeat

Guest Warmnjuicy

Guest Warmnjuicy

Hi, I am going to this one, I live in Stevenage, and if you live on my way, A10, Cheshunt, M25 round to Southend and you would like a lift, PM me please. It is gonna be good, last month was excellent. Gonna round up some girlies this week! :unsure: The Upbeat, Bar Lambs, Station Road, Westcliff on Sea Tel for further information 01702 332380

Normal bar prices ...great bar staff, friendly atmosphere, 9 - 2 admission free

Train Stations ...Westcliff ... Southend Central ...Southend Victoria

email andypowell68@msn.com

Andy Powell plus guests Shane Cox .. Mikeysoul...Jonathon Downs

playing ....rhythm and blues ...60s club soul...boogaloo...with the odd hammond and ska track

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

We are going to try to make it up from Walthamstow, but unfortunately won't know until the day.

Dave

Hi Dave

It'd be nice to see you's if you can make it :yes: . Funny enough we're just trying to make arrangements with some friends to come along to Walls of Heartache later in the month

cheers

Richard

Guest Warmnjuicy

I have managed to must up four of us from Herts, and possibly meeting someone at Westcliffe Station, so that could be five of us hey hey hey

No room no in the little VW Beetle! king.gif

I am looking forward to this one, the last one was excellent.

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

I have managed to must up four of us from Herts, and possibly meeting someone at Westcliffe Station, so that could be five of us hey hey hey

No room no in the little VW Beetle! king.gif

I am looking forward to this one, the last one was excellent.

egg , im gonna have to put you on the payroll .... ta !

im looking forward to it to ,especially shane cox s set , and im thinking jon downs may have a few surprises to ...

Guest Warmnjuicy

egg , im gonna have to put you on the payroll .... ta !

im looking forward to it to ,especially shane cox s set , and im thinking jon downs may have a few surprises to ...

O yea! king.gif That sounds good to me :lol:

Guest Warmnjuicy

Yes Paul Maguire....His nick name is SLIM....whatever you do Don't Mention Rob The Knob to him !!!!

Jon Buck

Ok but it might be difficult if his girlfriend might be turning up :unsure::yes:

Guest Warmnjuicy

Some, pictures from last night prio to me batteries running out :thumbsup: Thanks to everyone that came and made it another terrific night

Richard good pics, you need to post em under Galleries lol Where is the one of me, with my tongue stickign out? - just for a change! lol blush.gif You are very lucky I didnt wear myTWAT t-shirt pmsl.

It was a great night... again... lol Excellent music all night long.

Can you post a play list from you, Andy and your guest djs, - pretty please?

I cant make your one on 11th March but will be back for more real soon. Keep up the good work.

Thanks once again, it was worth the trip from Stevenage. Especially now my 1974 Beetle, Murphy has had a major service, and new exhaust and manifold put on him, he ran beautifully - prrrrr lol I washed, waxed and polished him specially for the trip, and now it is raining :angry: :lol:

:huh::huh::lol:

Guest Warmnjuicy

Did Paul aka SLIM behave himself last night ????

JB

Do you mean did he behave by the code of conducted listed in your text you sent him? pmsl.

Thanks for my text too at 4.31 am! pmsl

It was a good night

Well done chaps, really enjoyed the night last night - well worth the trip up from East London.

Nice venue and friendly crowd (I particularly liked the huge piano keys painted on the dancefloor - fantastic)

We also had a quick tour of the seafront aswell - who could ask for more.

Definately be making the trip back up sometime.

Dave

Edited by dkd
Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

thanks to guest djs jon and shane for doing a fine job and thanks to everyone that come along especially anyone who travelled which allways amazes and chuffs me.... was a good night in all and hopefully the varied styles of black music appealed to all ..

cheers andy

Yep, another great night Saturday, thanks Andy for giving me the oppertunity to DJ.. here's a list of some of the stuff i played:-

Talk about love - Pic & Bill (Charay)

Don't knock it - Sinner Strong (Serock)

You got my bait - Roscoe Gordon (Jomada)

Trouble with the girls of today - James Conwell (4J)

True love money can't buy - Buddy Ace (Duke)

Have we met before - Skip Cunningham (20th Century)

You can't go - Lonnie Lester - (Nutone)

Locke theme - Bob's Band (Atco)

Losing Control - Mary Saxton (Pace)

Hope and Dreams.. - YOP (Columbia)

Same old feeling - Volumes (Impact)

Come back baby - Stoppers (Jubiliee)

Edited by ShorterSoul

Funnily enough it was your tip in a post last week that put me on to this tune.. excellent stuff!!!..

Also worth mentioning another good R&B sound which Andy played on Saturday - Waiting & Watching - Randy Hobbs

glad you like it....I love the twang of the base throughout, similar to Don Gardner's Boogaloo.

I look out for the Randy Hobbs ohmy.gif