Guest Baz

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thinking the same myself Baz ..... :wicked:

It wasn't me honest ... I've only just read it all ... can't see why it was closed .. nothing bad in there and certainly no slagging off of Lynn & Terry (2 very nice people). The best bouncer I've come across is the one Mace has at Bidds ... apart from the fact he's bloody gorgeous he's dead polite and will always help bring record boxes in etc ... I think he does Kings Hall too :ohmy:

It wasn't me honest ... I've only just read it all ... can't see why it was closed .. nothing bad in there and certainly no slagging off of Lynn & Terry (2 very nice people). The best bouncer I've come across is the one Mace has at Bidds ... apart from the fact he's bloody gorgeous he's dead polite and will always help bring record boxes in etc ... I think he does Kings Hall too :wicked:

=============

Can't understand why it was closed either, unless it is something to do with site guidelines, and the fact Terry and Lynn aren't on SS??

=============

Can't understand why it was closed either, unless it is something to do with site guidelines, and the fact Terry and Lynn aren't on SS??

It wasn't about Terry and Lynn .... was it ?

Then again Winnie .......... i am a blonde :ohmy:

and before anyone says it ............ some of my best mates are blonde ..... aren't they Mandy :wicked:

Then again Winnie .......... i am a blonde :lol:

and before anyone says it ............ some of my best mates are blonde ..... aren't they Mandy :wicked:

I'm sure Terry and Lynn would like to know if this is going to put people off going.

Joan, you've never been blonde honey ... and I'm not anymore :ohmy:

You coming our dayer or what Mr & Mrs Livesey :ohmy:

Why was the prestwich thread closed :wicked: Was it done by the topic starter.

Any answers appreciatated :ohmy:

Just felt it had ran long enough. Going to speak with Terry regarding the subject next month.

If anybody wants to start a similar thread feel free but i'm keeping out of it until i have spoke to Terry,

Mart...

Edited by CUNNIE

Then again Winnie .......... i am a blonde :wicked:

and before anyone says it ............ some of my best mates are blonde ..... aren't they Mandy :ohmy:

==============

Soz I didn't explain myself very well. The post was not about Terry or Lynn, but they were mentioned, then it was pointed out that neither are on SS to defend themselves. This was highlighted as against SS policy, (not sure if it is or not) and I was sort of thinking out loud when I wondered if this was the reason the thread was closed. Maybe I'm the blonde? :ohmy:

==============

Soz I didn't explain myself very well. The post was not about Terry or Lynn, but they were mentioned, then it was pointed out that neither are on SS to defend themselves. This was highlighted as against SS policy, (not sure if it is or not) and I was sort of thinking out loud when I wondered if this was the reason the thread was closed. Maybe I'm the blonde? :wicked:

Just checked the guidelines, now I know I'm tired but can't see anything that says that -

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?act=boardrules

Personally think that with any thread about a venue, someone on here will know the promoters, they can let them know that it's been posted so it's obvious people have concerns, then they can choose to come on and put their side across if they want to.

If we're not allowed to post anything about people who aren't on here then we wouldn't be able to slag off any records in case the singer's still alive :ohmy:

==============

Soz I didn't explain myself very well. The post was not about Terry or Lynn, but they were mentioned, then it was pointed out that neither are on SS to defend themselves. This was highlighted as against SS policy, (not sure if it is or not) and I was sort of thinking out loud when I wondered if this was the reason the thread was closed. Maybe I'm the blonde? :ohmy:

well .......... at least there are blondes on here to defend themselves ....... i wasn't aware that a person had to be registered on here before you could mention them.

Seems like it's all getting a bit extreme on here sometimes.

Not getting at anyone ..... just an observation.

See what i mean ..... feel like you have to apologise for every little thing you say .....

and before anyone ... :wicked:

Just checked the guidelines, now I know I'm tired but can't see anything that says that -

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?act=boardrules

Personally think that with any thread about a venue, someone on here will know the promoters, they can let them know that it's been posted so it's obvious people have concerns, then they can choose to come on and put their side across if they want to.

If we're not allowed to post anything about people who aren't on here then we wouldn't be able to slag off any records in case the singer's still alive :wicked:

great uni minds think alike girlie :ohmy:

posted in original thread

posted here to clear up any misunderstandings on both reason why it was closed and guidelines

ta

mike

just to clear up any confusion

1. This thread was closed by the thread starter - anyone who starts a thread can close it if so wish

however do ask that if do decide to do this, to help avoid misunderstandings could you please post up saying that have closed it

2. A link to the guideline/rules can be found at the top of each forum page.

If going to quote then ask please get it right

As far as site is concerned there was no problem with this thread

Soz I didn't explain myself very well. The post was not about Terry or Lynn, but they were mentioned, then it was pointed out that neither are on SS to defend themselves. This was highlighted as against SS policy, (not sure if it is or not) and I was sort of thinking out loud when I wondered if this was the reason the thread was closed. Maybe I'm the blonde? :wicked:

So every time Manship has (although he is a member now) been mentioned along with Ian Lavine, ebay sellers ect, ect every single post will have to be deleted :ohmy: Come on Win :lol:

Ta for clearing up all :ohmy:

Closing it had nothing to do with me before you start pointing fingers

Mike - my mistake then, I thought SS was against saying things about someone if they werent here to defend themself?? I seem to have obviously got that issue wrong int he prestwich thread as it wasnt terry and lynne who were being slagged off and it was infact the door staff. I still felt they personally had the right to reply. my mistake!

The best bouncer I've come across is the one Mace has at Bidds ... apart from the fact he's bloody gorgeous he's dead polite and will always help bring record boxes in etc ... I think he does Kings Hall too :ohmy:

Think he's pig ugly meself :ohmy:

Is it big Gary (Stocko) or Little Gary you refer to? (Paddy & Max as we know them!)

Both work the doors at Bidds / Alsager / Queens Hall etc but neither do Kings Hall.

Stocko has done the door for me for the last 4 years or so - I would trust him with my life but not my wife :wicked:

Will mention your attraction to him :lol:

He is into the music and knows the punters - even dances and attends other soul nights when he's not working and is as you say, polite and helpful, but can do the business if required. :lol:

Top bloke, and were very lucky to have him and his team working for us.

Mace.

Edited by Mace

Closing it had nothing to do with me before you start pointing fingers

Mike - my mistake then, I thought SS was against saying things about someone if they werent here to defend themself?? I seem to have obviously got that issue wrong int he prestwich thread as it wasnt terry and lynne who were being slagged off and it was infact the door staff. I still felt they personally had the right to reply. my mistake!

How can they reply if they are not on soul source. And if they are not on soul source, how do they know they are being 'slagged off'? Or do they even care? Cos if they did, they'd join and put their point of view I would have thought.

Is it big Gary (Stocko) or Little Gary you refer to? (Paddy & Max as we know them!)

Will mention your attraction to him :D

He is into the music and knows the punters - even dances and attends other soul nights when he's not working and is as you say, polite and helpful, but can do the business if required. :thumbsup:

Top bloke, and were very lucky to have him and his team working for us.

Mace.

Hello Mace, must be big Gary (as he's about 6'5" :yes: ) do you have my number :D

I'll know where to come if ever I need a reference anyway, and I'll even give you bon bons laugh.gif:D

I'll know where to come if ever I need a reference anyway, and I'll even give you bon bons

Bon bons??? Thats nothing to what I got last Friday at Stafford...all in return for a £15 record too....10 mins in the carpark....still thinking about it now Mand...... :lol:

Chris.

ps, Thought you were gona mention it on here first?!