Another Dodgy Dealer ?

Tubbs

Was going through gemm last night and came across a guy with only 7 records for sale. The guys name is Berry Gismaud email address santefee1963. Anyone dealt with him ?Thought it a bit strange that they were all big known records. so asked him if the one i was interested in had the much rarer spoken intro which doesn't exist by the way. he emailed back saying yes it did but his English was terrible. So did he not understand me or a dodgy dealer. He also said he accepts paypal only. Now I thought that paypal would refund money to you if records never appear, is this correct ?

Cheers Tubbs

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was going through gemm last night and came across a guy with only 7 records for sale. The guys name is Berry Gismaud email address santefee1963. Anyone dealt with him ?Thought it a bit strange that they were all big known records. so asked him if the one i was interested in had the much rarer spoken intro which doesn't exist by the way. he emailed back saying yes it did but his English was terrible. So did he not understand me or a dodgy dealer. He also said he accepts paypal only. Now I thought that paypal would refund money to you if records never appear, is this correct ?

Cheers Tubbs

Sounds well dodgy!!!! Paypal do get your money back if you lodge a buyer complaint but not sure how it works as such and I'm sure there are ways round in said dodgy bloke transferring the money closing account etc... in all honesty just dont go there and risk your brass....

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Cheers Tubbs

Hi Tubbs,someone I know bought a few expensive items (not records) using paypal.Thought he was safe,but the seller was "new" .He waited a few days before emailing and again a few days later.No response buy the time he informed Paypal the seller had closed "his" account having removed the monies first.The account "address" had been in China.He lost a few hundred quid ,plus all the grief ATB Steve
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Paypal also only allow 2 claims in a calendar year.

They tend to take the buyers side in most instances. Even proof of a signature at the receivers end isnt always good enough.

Claims tend to take more than a month.

If you do decide to go ahead, make sure you have a record of every email sent and recieved as back up. But beware, Like Rich says, if the seller closes his account and has removed the money Paypal do not reimburse you themselves, it then becomes a civil matter. If the seller is abroad our courts have no juristiction or power to recover the money. If the seller is from the UK you can get the money and they (if you win the case) are generally the ones charged for expenses.

If its an expensive record and the guy is abroad, its not a foolproof system, but as there are few alternatives there is often little option.

Social source share

so asked him if the one i was interested in had the much rarer spoken intro which doesn't exist by the way.

Cheers Tubbs

what is means this, tubb??? of course IT is existing, i am having acetate and one issue also, also only one in world. i have beeing colect this records for many many yaers!!! DO NOT LISTEN THE FOUL MOUTHS JEALOUSY MOUTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

AND if you wanting, you can send me euros by paypals to my home in belgique.

good price, is include the post. YOU IS DA BOMB, TUBB!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

what the f*** does this mean??

im confused Dan is it you he is talking about. who is selling this ?

Dan is using the little known language of Nuneaton, rarely heard outside of the town's pubs and boro matches. :unsure:

Social source share

what the f*** does this mean??

im confused Dan is it you he is talking about. who is selling this ?

if was intended as an amusing spoof response typical of the sort of thing i seem to get from dodgy belgians all the time. all my own work, richie.

ps did that r & the b s arrive ok?

dan

Social source share

Hi Dam Yeah I know I was being fasecious as the Belgin c*** ripped me off for 3K.

thanks for the 45..im offshore just didnt have time to reply

cheers mate..

if was intended as an amusing spoof response typical of the sort of thing i seem to get from dodgy belgians all the time. all my own work, richie.

ps did that r & the b s arrive ok?

dan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!