Dj Record Boxes

Sorry I know this has been done before but bear with me :D Before Xmas there was a thread re buying DJ Record Boxes but I can’t find it . Can any kind soul provide a link ?

Thanks in advance blush.gif

Dave G

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Sorry I know this has been done before but bear with me :D Before Xmas there was a thread re buying DJ Record Boxes but I can't find it . Can any kind soul provide a link ?

Thanks in advance :lol:

Dave G

will you be bringing your new record box down to solid hit soul Dave? If so, can't wait....

Oh and there's www.covers33.com -these are probably the most popular and the cheapest. They're not the strongest, so it depends if they're going to be travelling alone in the cargo hold of a large jumbo jet, or travelling on your knee on a train/cab.....

The other benefit is that if you forget your key, you can almost guarantee that another DJ will have one of these boxes and so be able to lend you theirs blush.gif

Social source share

Sorry I know this has been done before but bear with me :lol: Before Xmas there was a thread re buying DJ Record Boxes but I can't find it . Can any kind soul provide a link ?

Dave G

I've just bought one at www.covers33.com .... to replace my grandmother's beauty-case I used during the last months... :D

ciao!

Barbara

Social source share

Sorry I know this has been done before but bear with me :D Before Xmas there was a thread re buying DJ Record Boxes but I can't find it . Can any kind soul provide a link ?

Dave G

Hi Dave

Me and a few lads have bought a decent box from Beatin Rhythm records in Manchester,on the web too..£25 for a box with keys..Holds about 120 singles...Good finish in black..

Social source share

Guest Trevski

www.htfr.com would recommend these, you can drive over them and nowts gonna break !!

expensive .........but in relation to 200 records ?

Gotta agree with Headsy, £59 not the cheapest, but with several £1,000.00 of vinyl in 'em, why risk it??

Swanflight, definatly the best :Dhttps://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR27305

Covers33 ones have problems with the handles....... blush.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I've got one of the Swanflight 200s and fully loaded it is indeed very unwieldy - fine if you've got transportation.

Another alternative is the 50-count aluminium flight cases from HMV of all places - I got one from the big Oxford Street store in London (don't know if they're stocked in smaller stores). Whilst not as hefty as the Swanflight, they're pretty solid. They also cost a nifty £15 or so.

Edited by sweeney
Social source share

Behold the best record box money can buy biggrin.gif

Numark with black panels prob cost around £70-80, very strong and sturdy, just becarful getting in and out of taxis with it :D:lol:

post-1508-1139338913_thumb.jpg

Strong lockable latches

post-1508-1139338993_thumb.jpg

lovely big leather handle

post-1508-1139339120_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Gotta agree with Headsy, £59 not the cheapest, but with several £1,000.00 of vinyl in 'em, why risk it??

Swanflight, definatly the best :thumbsup:https://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR27305

Covers33 ones have problems with the handles....... :yes:

This is the case I use & its absolutely solid, you could drive a truck over it, can be a bit heavey at times, but nowt is gonna get damaged in this, so I feel its well worth it.

Russ

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Sorry I know this has been done before but bear with me :ohmy: Before Xmas there was a thread re buying DJ Record Boxes but I can't find it . Can any kind soul provide a link ?

Thanks in advance ohmy.gif

Dave G

Are you going to spoil the fun we have of 5 DJs having exactly the same box and trying to remember to come home with your own records? Manship has a gorgeous box. Allegedly. Think its from Germany but quite pricey.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Now guys own up... who uses a trolley to carry their box on now... or is not macho... Have to admit i dont use one, but then i need an excuse to do the girlie thing and flutter the old eyelashes to the hunky males who are more than willing to carry me box :ohmy:

You should also point out that carrying two boxes is better than one because of the equilibrium on the spine. Its worked with me a few times. ohmy.gif

Social source share

Are you going to spoil the fun we have of 5 DJs having exactly the same box and trying to remember to come home with your own records? Manship has a gorgeous box. Allegedly. Think its from Germany but quite pricey.

Yes the boxes he sells are pricey, but are also of a very high quality & are designed to be very secure. Its all down to how much you value "whats in the box".

regards Ritchie ohmy.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!