W. King Cole - I Wonder Why

Girthdevon

Just picked up a copy of the W. King Cole - I Wonder Why 45. Been searching for a reasonably priced original copy of this for years - but all original copies I know of are on a Jamaican label called 'Micron'.

Has anyone come across it on this label before ???

post-1927-1139394872_thumb.jpg

Any info appreciated

Cheers Girth

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just picked up a copy of the W. King Cole - I Wonder Why 45. Been searching for a reasonably priced original copy of this for years - but all original copies I know of are on a Jamaican label called 'Micron'.

Has anyone come across it on this label before ???

post-1927-1139394872_thumb.jpg

Any info appreciated

Cheers Girth

Never seen it before Gareth. It made me laugh tho' as Rah tid is a Jamaican swear word. Looks nicer than the Micron one as well.

Jordi

Social source share

Never seen it before Gareth. It made me laugh tho' as Rah tid is a Jamaican swear word. Looks nicer than the Micron one as well.

Jordi

I've seen it before. It's a common Jamaican label with big sellers from the Fabulous Five etc. Don't which came first.

Same dude as above:

billycolecalypsodisco45.JPG

billycoleorchestra45.JPG

winstonfrancis10inch.JPG

K in Canada.

Social source share

Jordi

Yes Jordi - I spoke to a mate, who's heavy into reggae earlier and he told me its a 'rude jamaican expression'. He had also never seen this issue before. It was he who brought the Soul Vibes reissue into the UK, pressed from the original master tapes.

Girf

Social source share

Yep, "Bump All Night" is the flip of "Extra Careful" - at least on the JA original it is

K.

Thanks K. - I thought it was but without rummaging I couldn't be sure. I'm sure its the flip of the UK issue too.

So W. King Cole is Billy Cole !!!

Did you mean you had actually seen I Wonder Why on this label or that you'd just seen the label before ???. No-one i've shown it to yet has seen it on this label before - and I thought it was hard enough to find on Micron !!!

Anyone want to buy my Soul Vibes reissue ohmy.gif

Cheers Girf

Social source share

Thanks K. - I thought it was but without rummaging I couldn't be sure. I'm sure its the flip of the UK issue too.

So W. King Cole is Billy Cole !!!

Did you mean you had actually seen I Wonder Why on this label or that you'd just seen the label before ???. No-one i've shown it to yet has seen it on this label before - and I thought it was hard enough to find on Micron !!!

Anyone want to buy my Soul Vibes reissue :lol:

Cheers Girf

I've had it on both labels, GIrf. W Cole = Billy Cole = Winston Francis of Studio 1 fame.

K in Canada.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert