Track: i feel an urge coming on
Label: giant

usa Record information:

Giant_GT-701a_400_C.gif-

COUNTERFEIT VINYL

--COUNTERFEIT VINYL - WITH INCORRECT MATRIX STAMP

Giant_GT-701a_ZSC126593-1A_Matrix_C.gif-

COUNTERFEIT VINYL

Edited by 45cellar, 08 March 2008 - 06:48 PM.

Social source share

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 27
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I don't think that they are connected.

Strange though that the DETROIT and the CHICAGO Labels have a similar Numbering system (i.e. 700)

>>> SOULFUL KINDA MUSIC - GIANT <<<

yeh it was just the mike terry credit on the label and the obvious connection to rca/pied piper/lorraine chandler that made me think roger

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
Social source share

Roger/Harry

Scan of a white label DJ of the Chicago Giant label

plus

Scan of one of the Detroit Giant 45's

Hadn't noticed before that they both use 700 series numbering :D

Best

John

Hi John

Wow, two rare records there Mate, Thanks for Posting.

First time that I've ever seen them. :unsure:

Social source share

Did we establish wether there was any connection between the two labels CHICAGO/DETROIT :lol:

Quote from Jo Armstead in Robert Pruter's book, after arguing with her husband about the style of music they were going to record -

"I just went over to Detroit anyway. Broke, no money. I met Mike Terry there & I said this is really the type of music that I hear"

Must be connected IMHO

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Well spotted Dave, never even noticed that !

Very apt since there are DJ's who spit the dummy and throw their toys out of the cot when it comes to music policy, tee, hee :yes::thumbup::lol:

Noticed the J Armstead Promo says,

DJ COT FOR SALE :thumbsup:

Dave f..............

Social source share

Roger/Harry

Scan of a white label DJ of the Chicago Giant label

plus

Scan of one of the Detroit Giant 45's

Hadn't noticed before that they both use 700 series numbering :thumbsup:

Best

John

Be aware the "The urge keeps coming" was booted on a white lookalike (without the promo details) - matrix in the runout is scratched, not stamped.

BTW John, are you the same "Johnny Mack" who used to scratch his name in the runout? If so, I've got you to thank for some of the best tunes in my collection! :lol:

Hippo.

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

One and the same Hippo !

You'll be happy to hear that I gave up that bad habit of scratching "Johnny Mack" in the run-out of my 45's a very long time ago !

You often wonder what happened to key records from your collection which you sold a long time ago - I'm pleased to hear that at least some of them are still cherished and loved ....... would love to know what those records are !

Best

John

Be aware the "The urge keeps coming" was booted on a white lookalike (without the promo details) - matrix in the runout is scratched, not stamped.

BTW John, are you the same "Johnny Mack" who used to scratch his name in the runout? If so, I've got you to thank for some of the best tunes in my collection! :thumbsup:

Hippo.

Social source share

BTW John, are you the same "Johnny Mack" who used to scratch his name in the runout? If so, I've got you to thank for some of the best tunes in my collection! :thumbsup:

Hippo.

Thanks Mate

Regarding the Deadwax info , always helpful to know what to look out for.

So many Promos have DJ Grafitti, this could be used to mask the missing text on the Boot.

For that reason, the Deadwax tells all, thanks.

Social source share

Thanks Mate

Regarding the Deadwax info , always helpful to know what to look out for.

So many Promos have DJ Grafitti, this could be used to mask the missing text on the Boot.

For that reason, the Deadwax tells all, thanks.

It's quite an early boot as far as I know, I'm pretty sure I bought it from a shop in Cheltenham in '72.

Social source share

One and the same Hippo !

You'll be happy to hear that I gave up that bad habit of scratching "Johnny Mack" in the run-out of my 45's a very long time ago !

You often wonder what happened to key records from your collection which you sold a long time ago - I'm pleased to hear that at least some of them are still cherished and loved ....... would love to know what those records are !

Best

John

Oooh...now you've given me something to do over the weekend - I'll get back to you mate! :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 5 years later...