Current price

With all this talk of the Patterson Twins, What is the current price for Gonna Find A True Love. While i'm asking what about Daybreak on PAP & The Nicky Newarkers on Mercury.

Thanks Phil.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

With all this talk of the Patterson Twins, What is the current price for Gonna Find A True Love. While i'm asking what about Daybreak on PAP & The Nicky Newarkers on Mercury.

Thanks Phil.

About £300-£350 for a patterson twins and about £500 for a daybreak Phil well last time i saw them up for grabs that is.

John

Social source share

Thanks Phil.

Patterson Twins is about £300 tops, isn't it? Daybreak's a weid one as on the one hand it's a £100er...and on the ebay hand it can be anything up to $800!

And I'll pay less than JT for the Newarkers, if anyone's got one, cos' it ain't worth £400.... ;-)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Jason the next time you get a Daybreak for £100 let me know mate i know prices are all over the shop and i may have egged the pudding on the high side but really you must still be mugging old ladies for their 45's to get it for that price!!!! Good Lad Mwahahoarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Social source share

I know £300/350 seems to be the said going rate for the Patterson Twins, but try f**king finding one. I know of two friends, each got a copy for sale. I was asked £500 for one, and £600 for the other, so £300 seems to be what it should be worth, but in reality it's a lot more!

Just my thoughts anyway...

P.S. All copies I've seen are WDs. Does anyone know of any issues?

P.P.S. Jason, how's the Bobby Wilson?

Social source share

I think Kooga AKA Jason Stirland is playing a game here.

No he's (I'm) not. I always thought Daybreak was on the one hand a £100er and on the other ebay hand up to a $800er...f*** me, I think I wrote that earlier as well ;-)) It's like the Charles Johnson/King Tutt et al thing....100's of copies and now 100's of pounds...

Mind you, I thought the Crow was a £250er until some plonker went and paid over £600 for a VG+ copy :-)))))

Who on earth would go to the Trouble of forking out that much on it....;-)

Social source share

P.P.S. Jason, how's the Bobby Wilson?

Bobby's fine thanks mate...not a bad touch at £8 for a £250 record... :-)))) I jest, of course...

You hit the nail on the head there, though. Records are the price someone's asking and someone's willing to pay for them. Obvious, but it can explain the huge gulfs in valuations. I guess your £500-£600 Patterson Twin bloke had it in his collection and figured he'd not get again, hence asking twice the asking price to help him overcome the hurt... :-)

Social source share

That was my good deed for this year!! I personally hate the record (Bobby Wilson), and stands me at about 28p as I bought 60 records for $30 from a friend in the states last year. Best of all though, I got a copy of the Delites on Cuppy, which hasn't left my side since it arrived!!

I didn't realise Bobby Wilson was worth anything, last I saw listed was £25 I think.

And another thing, if anyone knows of/sees a copy of the Patterson Twins at £350 or less, let me know asap!!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

No he's (I'm) not. I always thought Daybreak was on the one hand a £100er and on the other ebay hand up to a $800er...f*** me, I think I wrote that earlier as well ;-)) It's like the Charles Johnson/King Tutt et al thing....100's of copies and now 100's of pounds...

Mind you, I thought the Crow was a £250er until some plonker went and paid over £600 for a VG+ copy :-)))))

Who on earth would go to the Trouble of forking out that much on it....;-)

Ah Jasey Jasey Jasey of course you are correct in theory but it sadly doesn't seem to work like that in the real world but of course you know that. It's all about supply and demand at the end of the day and when the demand is there and the supply is limited even if it is only limited to a few hundred copies the demand nowadays seems to be worldwide pretty much which means there are more people after the handful of copies around.

Have you seen what Mr Manship has got on the Ujima on his auction at the moment £620.00 !!!!!!!!!! Great record but hardly a rare record dagnabbit wish i hadn't sold mine last year for a mere fraction, of course i could take the old dismissive attitude that it is a £5 record which of course it was once.

Now then about that daybreak you are selling me for a ton Mwahahoarrrrrrrr!!!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!