Live Niter Tapes In Sounds Section

Guest Dan

anyone who hasn't listened to these (which i hadn't properly til tonight) i really urge to do so. never been a big fan of tapes cos of poor sound quality but jon buck's ones from buzzard, through the decks, are brilliant.

great work jon :lol:

they really, really take you back.

also very funny in parts.

just been listening to steve smith from buzzard in 1987 (one of my favourite djs from that period by the way, i must have been there didn't miss many buzzards).

steve, who's clearly absolutely off his tits (except if he never touched drugs, in which case, sorry, steve, he's just speaking extremely quickly), is playing (IMO) a great set and then hits a bit of a sticky patch.

he tries to get it back by playing the awful Bands of Gold. no-one dances so he assumes they want more oldies. tries the even worse Frank Lyndon (which surely should never have been played on the northern scene)...you can hear the note of exasperation in his voice as that gets the same treatment :lol: :

Steve: 'Yeah...another unpopular sound that one...the Bands of Gold there and It's Over. You want oldies...? Here we go then...Frank Lyndon

(horrible song, predictable non-reaction).

Steve (mildly more pissed off with the crowd): Yeah. would you believe there? That's an oldie, that one, Frank Lyndon. We'll try again. How about a newie? This one, Linda Griner...'

might just be me but i've been pissing myself.

great dj, great venue, great sounds, great days, just great great great :lol::D:P

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!