Harry & The Keyavas

MarkWhiteley

All harry & the Keyavas I've seen (including those I own) are styrene pressings with a glossy, reddy-pink, stuck-on labels, and the sound quality is a little muffled.

I bought a further copy that's arrived this morning, but this is on vinyl, with a matt, deep-red, moulded label, and even though the vinyl is far from mint, the sound quality is spot-on.

What's 'appenin' 'ere then......

Different pressing plants?

1st/2nd issues?

Can anyone shine a light on this matter?

Does anyone care?

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All harry & the Keyavas I've seen (including those I own) are styrene pressings with a glossy, reddy-pink, stuck-on labels, and the sound quality is a little muffled.

I bought a further copy that's arrived this morning, but this is on vinyl, with a matt, deep-red, moulded label, and even though the vinyl is far from mint, the sound quality is spot-on.

What's 'appenin' 'ere then......

Different pressing plants?

1st/2nd issues?

Can anyone shine a light on this matter?

Does anyone care?

Just a thought Billy but why do you keep buying copies if they're all muffled or have you been searching for that copy that isn't. Mine sounds perfect, maybe I'm deaf. Incidently this is supposed to be Harry Starr & IMO a furking brill sound!

Social source share

I never suspected it was booted, it's not a big enough record (yet) to have been... I thought maybe they were from different pressing plants, or perhaps they just ran out of vinyl ;-)

I don't keep buying them - I had my own copy, bought one for a friend (haven't been payed yet), and the one in question cost me $15, so I just had to buy!

And they're not that muffled. They're just not as clear as my new copy.

Social source share

Just a thought Billy but why do you keep buying copies if they're all muffled or have you been searching for that copy that isn't. Mine sounds perfect, maybe I'm deaf. Incidently this is supposed to be Harry Starr & IMO a furking brill sound!

It is indeed Harry Starr, we discusse it last week or bit earlier somewhere. Just doin' a cd for his missus or ex missus, Chris Lalor been in contact with her, I sent some sound files and she was over the moon to hear them and she now wants some cd's.

Social source share

WHAT DOES IT GO FOR M-  ?

Depends.....about $80 off evilbay and £80 from a dealer, although I've just made a sale for £100 (not seen cash yet though).

Chalky Can't you help with the styrene/vinyl/moulded/stuck-on/glossy/matt dilemma? You seem to a lot about a lot.....and I mean that in the nicest way possible ;-)

Do you still want soundbite of 'Tears' BTW? If so, drop me you email addy and I'll send you a SB.

Has anyone got/know owt about price etc. of 'If This Is Goodbye' on End?

Social source share

Depends.....about $80 off evilbay and £80 from a dealer, although I've just made a sale for £100 (not seen cash yet though).

Chalky Can't you help with the styrene/vinyl/moulded/stuck-on/glossy/matt dilemma? You seem to a lot about a lot.....and I mean that in the nicest way possible ;-)

Do you still want soundbite of 'Tears' BTW? If so, drop me you email addy and I'll send you a SB.

Has anyone got/know owt about price etc. of 'If This Is Goodbye' on End?

Seen anythin up to £85 on lists for the IPG copy. Not sure if I've seen a vinyl copy or not noticed and just flicked past.

Got the soundfile of Tears mate thanks.

If This Is Goodbye on End ???? You sure that? Another Time Another Place b/w Step Into My World on End £250ish, great double sider!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!