Uniques - Not Too Long Ago

Lazy

I'm a little bit confused which one was the first press.

I saw the following labes :

UNIQUES featuring Joe Stampley (in small letter)

45_1_b.JPG

UNIQUES - featuring Joe Stampley (in bigger letter)

09_1_b.JPG

I know that also a record exist with Joe Stampley feat. the Uniques

Does there also exist a pressing without Joe Stampley ?

regards

Stefan

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm a little bit confused which one was the first press.

I saw the following labes :

UNIQUES featuring Joe Stampley (in small letter)

45_1_b.JPG

UNIQUES - featuring Joe Stampley (in bigger letter)

09_1_b.JPG

I know that also a record exist with Joe Stampley feat. the Uniques

Does there also exist a pressing without Joe Stampley ?

regards

Stefan

Never seen that styrene press at the top. The UK Pye Int doesn't feature the name Joe Stampley if I remember correctly (but neither does it have that first guitar note that are on the US versions)

Social source share

Never seen that styrene press at the top. The UK Pye Int doesn't feature the name Joe Stampley if I remember correctly (but neither does it have that first guitar note that are on the US versions)
Mine's the vinyl version,deep red,also credits Joe Sampley which is the 2nd issue,first only credits uniques which is the rarer one. Edited by dancingcollector
Social source share

My copy is the red label styrene pressing, complete with Delta matrix. It's exactly the same as the first label shown here.

The UK Pye International issues credit "THE UNIQUES featuring Joe Stampley", but the demos credit only The Uniques. As Pete says, the UK issues and demos miss out on that solitary bass note at the intro.

I believe that the released credited just to Joe Stampley was a late release in the UK (1973) on Dot. I've also heard of a cover version by folk singer Alex Campbell. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

In Manships Bootleg guide is said, that the original press on Paula also has only credit Uniques.

Does anyone have this or even see an "original" press ?

I did not find one, even on Manships Page it is not listed only credit Uniques

Perhaps the original press ever credit Uniques feat. Joe Stampley and there does not exist one only credit Uniques ?

Social source share

My copy is the red label styrene pressing, complete with Delta matrix. It's exactly the same as the first label shown here.

The UK Pye International issues credit "THE UNIQUES featuring Joe Stampley", but the demos credit only The Uniques. As Pete says, the UK issues and demos miss out on that solitary bass note at the intro.

I believe that the released credited just to Joe Stampley was a late release in the UK (1973) on Dot. I've also heard of a cover version by folk singer Alex Campbell. Can anyone confirm?

Yes theres , also a versoin of this on dot just credited to joe Stampley, its alot slower with sort of twangging guitar in the back ground diffo a country take!!

the "ALex cambell and the fax-" version is on a yellow label called "TRANSACTION"702, and is very good! ... i,ve played this out afew times, with a good reaction, its on manships for £100, but on martin koppels"for around£20 whistling.gif think once these copys have gone its gonna be hard litlle record to pick up!!

hope this helps steve thomas i,ll try un add scans and sound bits later today!! of both above

Social source share

there you go mate! , i,ll have to dig out the dot one later can,t find it at the mo , also got it on canadian paula too

steve t

just found an alex C dirt cheap. cheers mate whistling.gif

(off topic - re: your "last played clip" Randy Hobbs -- awesome choon, I've been spinning this loads just lately, love the harmonica on it)

Social source share

just found an alex C dirt cheap. cheers mate whistling.gif

(off topic - re: your "last played clip" Randy Hobbs -- awesome choon, I've been spinning this loads just lately, love the harmonica on it)

sorry i can,t up load this !! ye randy hobbs -great tune!!

just found an alex C dirt cheap. cheers mate ph34r.gif

sorry i can,t up load this !! ye randy hobbs -great tune!!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andy BB

I just found one credited with JOE STAMPLEY in large letters and "& the uniques" beneath it

Red on Paula

How many times was this thing repressed?!

And do I win anything?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert