• 2 years later...
  • Replies 23
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest sharmo 1

Hi there the original copies have hot-line in green at the top of the lable.to the right half way down is a bold 906 under that in small print is 174-1765.To the left of the lable half way down in small print is Bonatempt pub.and under that is in small print BMI-2.39 under that is Arr;W.Quezerque.At the bottom of the lable is Take me home in bold green print under that in brackets and small print is R.Washington then at the very bottom of the lable is Donna King in bold green print.On the run out is in large writting 174-1765 and the nashville matrix.all the best Sy.

Social source share

Hi there the original copies have hot-line in green at the top of the lable.to the right half way down is a bold 906 under that in small print is 174-1765.To the left of the lable half way down in small print is Bonatempt pub.and under that is in small print BMI-2.39 under that is Arr;W.Quezerque.At the bottom of the lable is Take me home in bold green print under that in brackets and small print is R.Washington then at the very bottom of the lable is Donna King in bold green print.On the run out is in large writting 174-1765 and the nashville matrix.all the best Sy.

looks like, the a side has never been played, b side pretty rough, thanks for the info someones offered me £650 or does he mean £6.50 what ever im keeping it great sound when i picked it up in the junk shop, i looked at it then put it down walked away, then came back this sound rings a bell for 25p i went for it took it home played its the sound i remembered.

Cheers billy

Social source share

looks like, the a side has never been played, b side pretty rough, thanks for the info someones offered me £650 or does he mean £6.50 what ever im keeping it great sound when i picked it up in the junk shop, i looked at it then put it down walked away, then came back this sound rings a bell for 25p i went for it took it home played its the sound i remembered.

Cheers billy

I'm no expert in this subject but did you say the record is "heavy" Billy? This may mean it's the styrene bootleg and not the vinyl original. Suggest you take it to Blackpool for verification.

Mark C

Apologies! After brief research I am mistaken and it seems vinyl is actually heavier (not an expert as I said!) Hope you have come up with the goods, Billy - free breakfast on you?!!

Social source share

• 1 month later...

ayup Billy ! missed yer at Stoke ? ... I think the boot always has a "crinkly" badly applied label as in 45 cellars upper picture , you can see the wrinkles ... bit like on my forehead lol .. I may be wrong though ?

all the best Billy ktf

pete n' susan x

Social source share

• 1 year later...

I have found a copy that matches your description exactly but.............................it has the crinkly label on b side as casper says, always assumed it was a boot so it has never left my "naughty box".

QoFxx

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a copy that matches your description exactly but.............................it has the crinkly label on b side as casper says, always assumed it was a boot so it has never left my "naughty box".

QoFxx

QoFxx

If it`s got a creased label and stuck on it`s the Styrene boot,on the Orig the label is moulded into the Vinyl,

there are no creases/crinkles on the Orig label....

Dave f.........

Social source share

Cheers billy

I picked up donna king, take me home for 25p in a junk shop yesterday little info, the b side is bless his heart hotline 906 yellow with green lettering its in good condition and any info on this please, cheers Billy. :hatsoff2:

Can you put a scan or a photo up of it,then you can know one way or the other..

Dave f.....

Social source share

Som how much is the leigitimate copy worth?

Not keen on this mesen although upon playing it again (first time for years) it isn't as bad as I thought it was - actually it isn't bad at all. I'm sure I have one somewhere. Offered it to someone previously but then couln't find it - it might have been Pete Smith but I can't remember.

Just seen it was written by Guitar Ray.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Being a post Wigan guy (82 in fact) always reminds me of Brian Rae playing as the last record at Leicester (Nottingham) Oddfellows...became THE Mr Rae Leicester oddfellows ender for a while! :)

Did it? I can't remember that - not saying it wasn't, just that your memory is better than mine!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...