shock horror -user posting under 2 names

Mike

some strange going ons

actually got a recent member posting under different names.

Usernames different but same ip

dunno whats going on here, site open to all, anyone can join, post and all that

and then still get this happening

two minds,

make it a compettioin, as in spot the dodgy posts

or kick em off so hard ...

mmm.. lets see if they continue first

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

some strange going ons

actually got a recent member posting under different names.

Usernames different but same ip

dunno whats going on here, site open to all, anyone can join, post  and all that

and then still get this happening

two minds,

make it  a compettioin, as in spot the dodgy posts

or kick em off so hard ...

mmm.. lets see if they continue first

Well I vote for a competition.....how about "Twenty Questions" style, you can be Nicholas Parsons!

I'll start then- Has this taken place in the events forum?

BTW, whats the prize?

Social source share

definitely taken place in the events forum Dave.

i ain't no discourse analyst by a long chalk but even without checking back on the threads, rollemcowboy, prophonics, dr pickles, all the same bloke methinks. maybe even bexter as well.

cheers

Scotty

ps do I claim the prize (so long as its not a lifetime pass to the main room at Ilkeston or a 2 year subscription to the Togetherness mag)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

definitely taken place in the events forum Dave.

i ain't no discourse analyst by a long chalk but even without checking back on the threads, rollemcowboy, prophonics, dr pickles, all the same bloke methinks. maybe even bexter as well.

cheers

Scotty

ps do I claim the prize (so long as its not a lifetime pass to the main room at Ilkeston or a 2 year subscription to the Togetherness mag)

Personally i would have thought that a two year subscription to N-Soul would be pretty worthwhile, but then i guess i would, wouldn't i?? Out of interest Rich have you read it recently???

John (Nightingale in case you didn't know ;o)))

Social source share

I was thinking Bexter and Rollemcowboy.

but maybe just becuase they are both so easy to wind up.

heh heh.

Just when you spend ages and ages waiting for 'the next big one', two come along at once ! :- )

Hammy

Social source share

Personally i would have thought that a two year subscription to N-Soul would be pretty worthwhile, but then i guess i would, wouldn't i?? Out of interest Rich have you read it recently???

I agree John, I would be very happy to win a 2 year sub to N.Soul. It's a bloody good read IMHO

Karen

Social source share

Hello John - your disguise is no match for someone who spent a few years in Berlin at the height of the cold war. Aagh, Schultheiss and Sausages, those were the days :-))

the first few I read whilst out trading and I thought it was complete self-serving bollocks.

chip-wrapping paper. bring back 'Coal Underground' or 'Noises from the Coalshed' I say :-))

cheers

Scotty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I was reading an old noises from the coalshed issue the other day funnily enough ;o)) You ought to try the new look N.Soul it's good ;O)))

John

Social source share

Hi Mike

the "double posting" is well out of order, they should be named while were in the "bring things honestly out in the open season".

be it taping, top djs playing boots, where ucan dj, or people talkin to themselves on here ? ....err 1st sign of madness isnt it, lets all know the true story

staying quite can allow these things to fester and create more rumours.

Danny

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Just a thought,

last night my beautiful side kick and partner Tracie, was thinking of joining this wonderful forum, but i said NO! "the fine people on here will think that we are the same person"

(using the same computer conected to the same isp, hence the same ip address)

Valley Soul Commandos twice as deadly as Anthrax but more fun than Benny Hill

Social source share

You ought to try the new look N.Soul it's good ;O)))

John

Yes J-O-T it's very good but I was particularly impressed with that guy from the Plinson's 4 page interview and spread...he sounds like a great guy and what a fantastic club and......DAMM! Still logged in under my own name, not one of the others :-))))

Social source share

I think it's Janine.kiss.gif

No whilst I do admit to the odd argument with myself (only guarenteed way to win sometimes or the other person is behaving like a brick wall) it was not me on this occasion so ner ner ner

Social source share

Just a thought,

last night my beautiful side kick and partner Tracie, was thinking of joining this wonderful forum, but i said  NO! "the fine people on here will think that we are the same person"     

(using the same computer conected to the same isp, hence the same ip address)

Valley Soul Commandos twice as deadly as Anthrax but more fun than Benny Hill

Just a thought

The good people on the forum wouldn't see your ISP, all we see is you username, and that word next to the lovely picture at the left hand side 'Soulsville' is all you see.

I have even been transparent enough to provide you with a link to my email addy next to the PM icon at the bottom of this message.

The only people who would really spot this is the site admin. If you were cheeky enough to have a chat with yourself on a thread, only really they would spot it to start with.

Damn! I had to concentrate then! LOL

Jamie

Social source share

Thanks Jamie for putting it so ... eloquently :)

Andrew, yes, Mike and I can see all IP addresses but having the same IP address as another user is never called into question (there are several couples and flatmates on here using same PC) unless we have reason to believe it is one person using 2 or more different user names. Tracie is more than welcome to join.

Recently 2 "members" joined using the same email address for registering and then yesterday one of those "members" registered a THIRD user name with same IP address and a very similar email address.

This person knows exactly who they are and Mike and I be obliged if they would either email us to offer an explanation as to why we would think the three users are one and the same OR stop interfering with, what has been for several years, a healthy and successful forum of discussion about soul music. If neither of these options suits the "members" in question then we'll be left with no alternative but to block their access.

This topic is now locked as I think it's fairly clear how other members feel about this subject and there's not a lot to add.

Kolla -

Social source share