Sugababes Vs Tony Clarke

Guest mrs norman maine

Guest mrs norman maine

Anybody else think that the new record from those saucy pop minxes the Sugababes has exactly the same tune as Landslide? I can't remember what it's called-something about a red frock I think.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

just heard ............. definitely landslide in there. red dress i think its called.

Most defo Landslide. Actually find myself turning the wireless up when said tune is aired.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest claude rains

Would interesting to know who produced and wrote "red dress" for the sugar babes.

would have thought they are into rare soul or have friends whom are interested in soul.

Maybe they heard the track on a northern compilation, strange how tracks unknown before by the populus are now being re-used and sampled into dance music 40 years after being written.

This is living testimony to the unknown artists who wrote, produced and performed music that some people have been listening to for over 30 years.

Or maybe if I was being cynical about the music industry, it could be because they have run out of fresh ideas and find real talent in out of copyright material: because its free to use, everyones a winner apart from the unacknowledged artists.

:D

Social source share

Would interesting to know who produced and wrote "red dress" for the sugar babes.

would have thought they are into rare soul or have friends whom are interested in soul.

Maybe they heard the track on a northern compilation, strange how tracks unknown before by the populus are now being re-used and sampled into dance music 40 years after being written.

This is living testimony to the unknown artists who wrote, produced and performed music that some people have been listening to for over 30 years.

Or maybe if I was being cynical about the music industry, it could be because they have run out of fresh ideas and find real talent in out of copyright material: because its free to use, everyones a winner apart from the unacknowledged artists.

:D

there was someone from a record company or summat like asking on here a while back for records (northern) that could be sampled, my guess is someone helped them out :D topic should be on here somewhere still.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Similar theme for this thread. Does everyone know that Terry Callier features on 'Live With Me' on Massive Attack's greatest hits CD? I also think it's their new single, came out in march. :D

I think this should link to the video..

https://www.contactmusic.com/new/home.nsf/w...attackx07x03x06

Also, on Radio 2 today Lulu was playing original versions of hits and played William DeVaughn's 'Be Thankful For What You've Got' also covered by Massive Attack.

Matt

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

there was someone from a record company or summat like asking on here a while back for records (northern) that could be sampled, my guess is someone helped them out :yes: topic should be on here somewhere still.

Nah mate....it's simple. Tony Clarke is on Chess. Chess is owned by Universal. Sugababes are on Island which is also owned by Universal. Universal have recently released a shed load of Chess material including a Chess compilation with Landslide on it....offices in the Universal building are very close together...and I work there too :unsure: Not rocket science....Jo

Social source share

Or maybe if I was being cynical about the music industry, it could be because they have run out of fresh ideas and find real talent in out of copyright material: because its free to use, everyones a winner apart from the unacknowledged artists.quote

Not cynical

correct

no imagination

nothing new to do

r n b rehash of no bluddy idea IMO

:unsure::yes:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Or maybe if I was being cynical about the music industry, it could be because they have run out of fresh ideas and find real talent in out of copyright material: because its free to use, everyones a winner apart from the unacknowledged artists.quote

Not cynical

correct

no imagination

nothing new to do

r n b rehash of no bluddy idea IMO

:yes::yes:

:unsure: Couldn't have put it better myself....although I do have a soft spot for the new collaboration between Sergio Mendes and Will.i.am :yes: but in that instance, Sergio is playing his hits ON the tracks rather than being sampled....but I know what you mean. Jo

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest claude rains

Nah mate....it's simple. Tony Clarke is on Chess. Chess is owned by Universal. Sugababes are on Island which is also owned by Universal. Universal have recently released a shed load of Chess material including a Chess compilation with Landslide on it....offices in the Universal building are very close together...and I work there too :wicked: Not rocket science....Jo

Yes thought that may have been the case, but thank you for such a concise reply.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!