Terry Callier Record Of The Week

Guest Netspeaky

Guest Netspeaky

BBC Radio 2 - Record of the week

LIVE WITH ME - MASSIVE ATTACK - WITH TERRY CALLIER

Label: VIRGIN RECORDS

Release Date: 13 March 2006

Massive Attack - Live With Me (Virgin EMI)

Bristol's best-loved trip hoppers seem to have taken time our from their constant internal wranglings to pen this single featuring the velvety vocal of Terry Callier. Pretty much standard Massive Attack fare really, soulful, immaculately produced and very moody.

www.massiveattack.com

Also

Hardkandy - Advice (Catskills)

The latest Hardkandy single features the popular vocal skills of Terry Callier who must have fitted this recording in between his latest Massive Attack effort. An even slower tempo ballad type number than 'Three Days' this single has the added bonus (if you look at it that way) of no less than 7 remixes of the same track. The basic radio edit is a pretty solid acoustic guitar/vocal version but a couple of the remixes are pretty good too - the 'Hardkandy Rerub' version somehow manages to inject a bit of a Madchester swagger into what would seem to be a completely inappropriate song for that treatment. It's not going to set the world on fire but for a single, over 36 minutes of music is pretty good value at least.

www.hardkandy.co.uk

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With you on that one Shane...Any news of Terry Callier playing uk this year...Seen him 3 times and want some more..... :(

Think theres a post somewhere abuot him playing jazz cafe sometime soon. Though other UK dates might be a bit short.. :yes:

Had the pleasure of seeing him various times over the years in london -Mesmeric and simply quite amazing gigs.

Rich

Social source share

BBC Radio 2 - Record of the week

LIVE WITH ME - MASSIVE ATTACK - WITH TERRY CALLIER

Label: VIRGIN RECORDS

Release Date: 13 March 2006

Massive Attack - Live With Me (Virgin EMI)

Bristol's best-loved trip hoppers seem to have taken time our from their constant internal wranglings to pen this single featuring the velvety vocal of Terry Callier. Pretty much standard Massive Attack fare really, soulful, immaculately produced and very moody.

www.massiveattack.com

Good old radio 2 (Ken Bruce ) played this the other morning and announced it as Terry Collier, then proceeded to make a joke about the likely lads. Oh dear! :thumbsup: Memories of Jocky Wilson came flooding back.

Jordi

Social source share

The Massive Attack track is awesome. Carole made me listen to it yesterday morning for the first time as she a MA fan and although I hate to say she's right it was mesmerising when watched with the very morbid video.

Didn't like their website tho. Presume the un user friendly site is a ploy to keep the over 40's away from it :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!