• Replies 18
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest LeoLyxxx

Leo

Lew Stanley is auctioning one at the moment. Think it will be a four figure job...

yeah that's kind of why i asked, mostly curious about the whole thing.

Thanxxx

best

Leo

Social source share

Think this group is completely unrelated to the George Brown lot form Houston. This is from Virginia. I've only heard this record a couple of times, and was very impressed by it. Is it just my ears, or does it bear more than a passing resemblance to "Raining Teardrops" by The Rockmasters on Romulus, another Virginian group?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Think this group is completely unrelated to the George Brown lot form Houston. This is from Virginia. I've only heard this record a couple of times, and was very impressed by it. Is it just my ears, or does it bear more than a passing resemblance to "Raining Teardrops" by The Rockmasters on Romulus, another Virginian group?

Aaaaaaahhh a drooolworthy record indeed where is this up for auction????

JoT

Social source share

Der!!!

I read about the guys from Virginia on the Pyramid post a few weeks back.

I should stop going into type-mode and engage brain first - that's twice today I've done that!!!

Really must get some more sleep LOL!!!!

Jamie

Social source share

Can someone provide me with a sound file of it? It is included on a CD of their material so not really an esoteric tune that needs to be protected. If someone can help, please send the sound file to chrisherm74@yahoo.com I don't wanna buy the CD just to hear what's it like...

Social source share

Can someone provide me with a sound file of it? It is included on a CD of their material so not really an esoteric tune that needs to be protected. If someone can help, please send the sound file to  chrisherm74@yahoo.com   I don't wanna buy the CD just to hear what's it like...

link

Of what? SBI? If so can someone send me an MP3 too..it is on a US comp cd. Label scasn anyone. Have seen Lew's list does he let know the final bids?

Would have thought four figures but there are a few copies about is there not? Know Carl W and Mick H both have it, was told a couple more but forgot names :lol:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

How long has Mick had one? I thought that Carls was the only known copy for a good while great record IMVFHO can't do RA though sorry only have it on tape and don't really feel that comfortable giving it out if you know warra mean, quality would prolly be shite anyway...........so if there's a decent MP3 knocking about wouldn't mind a copy mesen ;o))

Von Trouty (there's only one)

Social source share

How long has Mick had one? I thought that Carls was the only known copy for a good while great record IMVFHO can't do RA though sorry only have it on tape and don't really feel that comfortable giving it out if you know warra mean, quality would prolly be shite anyway...........so if there's a decent MP3 knocking about wouldn't mind a copy mesen ;o))

Von Trouty (there's only one)

link

Micks had it a while. More than a couple of copies. It is on a cd you can buy from Amazon.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Micks had it a while. More than a couple of copies.  It is on a cd you can buy from Amazon.

link

Yeah i knew about the CD and because of it suspected other copies just had heard of any :lol: Don't really get to hear Mick play out enough i suppose wink.gif Perhaps i should try that lifebelt thing he does with andy dixon tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

John

Social source share

• 1 month later...

i was playin' Charles Conrad ....."isnt it amazing" on Shandy.......real nice mid-tempo.......whats this go for these days?......

link

Dunno but I've got an issue and a demo for sale at £20 and £30 respectively if anyone wants it?

Re Lew Stanley, Chalky, Lew will tell you what you need to bid in my experience so I guess that = he will tell you high bid.

Dan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!