Tubbs

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 28
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks - I had thought Jordi was playing the flip "Along the Beach" which is also an interesting side but not as good as SHL IMHO :shades: Glad to see it's getting spun a bit more - old Soul Essence spin.

Hi Steve,

No I haven't played "Along the beach", it's a bit cheesy, but I do play "Sweet hot lips", it always goes down well. Value wise it's hard to say. The 12" which is longer and has an extended guitar break probably would be about £100 - £150. the 7" is definately harder and is probably more like £300. There is also a very rare LP, which I was told was about £400.

Jordi

Social source share

Hi Steve,

No I haven't played "Along the beach", it's a bit cheesy, but I do play "Sweet hot lips", it always goes down well. Value wise it's hard to say. The 12" which is longer and has an extended guitar break probably would be about £100 - £150. the 7" is definately harder and is probably more like £300. There is also a very rare LP, which I was told was about £400.

Jordi

The Village soul choirs fantasticaly named lp "A street opera with a Blue Waltz" SCM records has the "Along the beach" track inc but not "Sweet hot lips" its not very good actually I have listened to Mike Charltons copy bit funky and not in a good way.Not worth paying over a ton for either. I would love a 7" of Sweet Hot lips so can we all keep it down or everyone will be after it!.

Steve who played it at Essence? .

Adam

Social source share

The Village soul choirs fantasticaly named lp "A street opera with a Blue Waltz" SCM records has the "Along the beach" track inc but not "Sweet hot lips" its not very good actually I have listened to Mike Charltons copy bit funky and not in a good way.Not worth paying over a ton for either. I would love a 7" of Sweet Hot lips so can we all keep it down or everyone will be after it!.

Steve who played it at Essence? .

Adam

Me for one.

:( Very nearly covered it up :( until I realised it was "known" by some of the "afficionados"

Hi Steve,

Jordi

Sorry Jordi - I know someone was playing the other side - apologies for casting you in that role - trust all is well :thumbsup:

Social source share

Me for one.

:yes: Very nearly covered it up :yes: until I realised it was "known" by some of the "afficionados"

Cover ups!!!!!! nooooooo..Hate hate hate them infantile practice its like saying "look I have read this fantastic book it will knock your socks off.Im going to lend you it but Ive taken the cover off changed the title made the author up and scratched out the publisher and printer info so you cant find it for yourself "

I will look forward to hearing it along with my anuall Sam Dees test pressing fix in a few weeks time as I missed the last time you played it Steve I thought you were going to play a Village track but didnt have time to play it ,must have been the other side?.A friend Tomo who is on here has had the 12" Sweet Hot lips for ages and always pushed it loverly groove.

Adam

Social source share

Hi Steve,

Jordi

Didn't know that the value was growing so much in your country. :rolleyes: Still love both faces of the 45, already parted with two copies though. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Adam G wrote:

"Cover ups!!!!!! nooooooo..Hate hate hate them infantile practice its like saying "look I have read this fantastic book it will knock your socks off.Im going to lend you it but Ive taken the cover off changed the title made the author up and scratched out the publisher and printer info so you cant find it for yourself "

I will look forward to hearing it along with my anuall Sam Dees test pressing fix in a few weeks time as I missed the last time you played it Steve I thought you were going to play a Village track but didnt have time to play it ,must have been the other side?.A friend Tomo who is on here has had the 12" Sweet Hot lips for ages and always pushed it loverly groove".

SHL got an afternoon spin, but not a night time spin (I sometimes try things in the afternoon to see if they garner any interest). It also got an airing in my Cleethorpes afternoon spot as well, either last year or the year before. Anyway see you in a few weeks, and will make sure I fit it in. Uncovered of course..... :thumbsup:

I do have a couple of c/u's though you will be disappointed to hear. :rolleyes:

Social source share

re. "Sweet Hot Lips" and "Along the Beach" can anybody supply further info on a mini- LP/12" that I have on NYC Street Sound label. It includes both above tracks plus "ATB" Part 2 and "All purpose love" which is of similar quality to other tracks. Also included is a good 60's[?] track by Belinda Patrick "Hung up on you" which is strikingly similar in parts to Mamie Galore "it ain't necessary"

Anyone know anything more.

ROD

Social source share

Didn't know that the value was growing so much in your country. :thumbsup: Still love both faces of the 45, already parted with two copies though. :P

Yes Tad, and one of those two is now in another's hands (Funky Chappie on here, actually :lol: ) after I moved my copy on a while back... :D

Classic line from a guy who knows how to show a lady a good time "...I made love on the streets, on the bus, in the subway..." ...what a charmer! :rolleyes::yes:

Social source share

Wih regards the said 45 i have it on another label -slightly earlier mix probably even late 60's it's a purple label NYCP or summat like that a tad better mix on the titles, i had 3 copies a few years ago i'm sure sam had one of them..

Mine is on something like "NY Street Service" or something - but it is purple

Social source share

Yes Tad, and one of those two is now in another's hands (Funky Chappie on here, actually :lol: ) after I moved my copy on a while back... :lol:

Classic line from a guy who knows how to show a lady a good time "...I made love on the streets, on the bus, in the subway..." ...what a charmer! :wicked::lol:

Didn't care such a line when I had... tasty. :lol:

Social source share

Russ it's NOT 6Ts - just a better 7Ts mix by all accounts. Not having heard the "inferior" red version I cannot compare :wicked:

Steve,

Jason Brew has posted up the red label version a few posts back. Can you post up a soundfile of the earlier purple version? I'd like to hear it.

Jordi

Social source share