Monzas - Instant Love

Simon T

Pat Brady used to play a record by the Monzas called Instant Love on Pacific at Stafford (C/U as the Seven Souls, I seem to remember).

I've never seen one for sale and was just wondering how rare it is and how much I'm going to have to pay for one?

I know someone who had one, but it's was pressed heavly off-centre

Also, I presume there's only the one Monzas group?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anyone actually like this? I had the misfortune of receiving the master tape for it a few weeks ago when compiling the forthcoming cd release 'There Ain't Nothing Like Shagging'!

A pasty looking blue eyed 'soul' outfit from North Carolina(I got a picture of them too), the single in my opinion is poor at best. 'Hey I Know You' was a local hit.

To my knowledge there are only one 'Monzas'.

Social source share

I've got an email address for one of the group somewhere (If I've not deleted it). He hasn't got any copies though :-)

link

Dave

Do you have any idea about it's rariety? Were they trashed or could they sitting in one of the other group member's garage? Any thoughts on a price tag for one?

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I`d say its about 150 to 200 these days, a long time want of a mate, so I always look out for it, never found one in the US.

Chris

link

Apparently there is one available via bids in the states right now ph34r.gif To be honest, the song for me never really gets off the ground...brilliant start but as soon as this singing comes in...no, it`s back to some SOUL for me then :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!