alison

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest lagerlout

brilliant.. this was my first northern soul event when puberty was a thing to scratch at...

can,t wait for this one....see ya there... :thumbsup:

well actually it was on central rd down the steps..happy days

Edited by lagerlout

Shame Ian "Frank" Dewhirst isn't on, sounds good though.

BH

Funny you should say that. I jumped on the phone to the other half when I saw this, as he's mentioned this place often (from the youth he swears he had :shades: ). He said that he went there every week but didn't ever see those 3 in there :ohmy: .

...he'll be having a dance for the both of us, I'm sure. Sounds good.

m

Guest lagerlout

does anyone remember swish who used to d.j. there,was always pissed...but he had some great sounds....pat brady,ian dewhurst, were all d.js there ......happy days...remember drinking skol on draught at about 14 y.o.

• 3 weeks later...

does anyone remember swish who used to d.j. there,was always pissed...but he had some great sounds....pat brady,ian dewhurst, were all d.js there ......happy days...remember drinking skol on draught at about 14 y.o.

I REMEMBER SWISH DEEJAYING THERE, BUT NOT DURING THE NIGHTER ERA.

FRANK WAS A REGULAR LIKE ME BUT AGAIN DONT REMEMBER HIM DEEJAYING.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHTER IT WAS THOUGH, HOT, SWEATY, SMASHED!

Guest lagerlout

I REMEMBER SWISH DEEJAYING THERE, BUT NOT DURING THE NIGHTER ERA.

FRANK WAS A REGULAR LIKE ME BUT AGAIN DONT REMEMBER HIM DEEJAYING.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHTER IT WAS THOUGH, HOT, SWEATY, SMASHED!

no don,t think swish d.jd at the nighters..but did at the 2am finish ones. they used to put him on earlyish so he was not to blathered...happy days..the smell of sweat and stale beer mixed in, as you desended into the place..never leaves me that smell. the pillars in the place used to run soaking wet with the condensation that everyone caused through dancing...the little bar in the corner and the even smaller bogs...

• 2 weeks later...

Great nights at The Central back in the day.

Looks like a couple of good DJ's on at this do at least. Although I cant' see the connection to The Central at all?

It's in the same town is all. Different venue, different DJ's etc etc.

Is it just a marketing thing perhaps? :rolleyes:

Phil

Guest lagerlout

Looks like a couple of good DJ's on at this do at least. Although I cant' see the connection to The Central at all?

Is it just a marketing thing perhaps? :thumbsup:

Phil

I think the old central is called the wire now...but not sure..hope it is as would love to dance in that place one more time...

I think the old central is called the wire now...but not sure..hope it is as would love to dance in that place one more time...

confusing is'nt it.

The old Central is now the Hi Fi club, which is owned by the same people as the Wire Club ...

Hi Fi club has black music nights almost every night of the week-see their web site . .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lagerlout

the hi-fi club and the wire are owned by the same people so why carn,t they have it in the old central would make sense.ive been looking at this event and realised there is not one original d.j. on who played at the central.pat brady who lives in Leeds not on,and who was one of the first to play there.good line up of d.js but i dont remember any of them playing the central.me thinks the wire needs us more than the hi-fi needs us.

Guest the dukester

PlaceholderThe New Leeds Central Soul Club allnighter

after 30 years, returns on

EASTER SUNDAY APRIL 16TH

10PM - 6AM AT WIRE, 2-8 CALL LANE, LEEDS LS1 6DN

BUTCH - GINGER TAYLOR - SOUL SAM

with Nige Grice Graham Slater Gary Fields Roman & Leon Brown

ADMISSION £10

INFO 07712 773040/07885 583845

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE, ANY RECORDS DEALERS IN ATTENDANCE?????

GONNA TAKE A SALES BOX MYSELF. NO OBJECTIONS TO THIS, ORGANISERS ????

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

the hi-fi club and the wire are owned by the same people so why carn,t they have it in the old central would make sense.ive been looking at this event and realised there is not one original d.j. on who played at the central.pat brady who lives in Leeds not on,and who was one of the first to play there.good line up of d.js but i dont remember any of them playing the central.me thinks the wire needs us more than the hi-fi needs us.

Pat Brady certainly wasn,t Djaying when when I first went.Think it was Martyn Ellis,Tony Banks and Allan Day.Would prove difficult to get for new nighter as I think they are all dead,though I stand ready to be corrected

Guest lagerlout

maybe not when you went but certainly was when i went. and as you say if the others are dead and not available would make sense to have at least one original d.j. from the central even though it was not actually held in the central.im not knocking the thought and work thats gone into holding this event,but the facts are it was,nt at the central and there were no central d.js on last night.take the twisted wheel revivals, they are actually held at the old twisted wheel venue..im sorry if ive offended anyone but its just an observation not a criticism

Is it just a marketing thing perhaps? :D

Phil

Marketing thing :D .. it always is... bit like having a wigan allnighter/soulnight in the local w m c as they always seem to be having ... complete load of B#####ks imo. like you said the only thing its got going for it is LEEDS........... yes .......... central no........... original dj's .............no

NB