Soul Salvation @ Burnley Cricket Club

Quinvy

IF YOUR LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE STOKE

OLDIES ALLNIGHTER, THIS COULD BE FOR YOU.

SOUL SALVATION @ BURNLEY CRICKET CLUB

SAT. MARCH 4th RUNS 8pm - 2am tax £5otd

playing the best in current upfront northern soul

mega rarities & lesser known gems

DJ's - PAUL HARRIS, FRED KROL, STEWART BENNETT,

PHIL KOWALSKI, CLIFF CAMFIELD.

and special guest JOHN PHILLIPS

wooden dance floor, record dealers, top sound system, large off

road car park, just 5 mins from M65 [ follow signs for turf moor /

burnley f c ]

for more details tel. 01282 814058 or 07967 651255

thanks for looking, hope to see some of you there.

• Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

burnley f c ]

Nice to see we don't clash anymore Phil :yes: ...Look forward to coming up to the land of the Dingles :yes: ..

steve

Nice to see we don't clash anymore Phil :yes: ...Look forward to coming up to the land of the Dingles :yes: ..

steve

Hi Stevie,

Fantastic news mate, can't wait. Like you said when we spoke at Lowton, if we all get together and sort out next year, well in advance, we should all have somewhere to go [ upfront ] every weekend.

And sorry, but Burnley's in Lancs, not Yorks, so no dingles round here. :yes:

Best Regards, Phil.

Hi Stevie,

Fantastic news mate, can't wait. Like you said when we spoke at Lowton, if we all get together and sort out next year, well in advance, we should all have somewhere to go [ upfront ] every weekend.

And sorry, but Burnley's in Lancs, not Yorks, so no dingles round here. blush.gif

Best Regards, Phil.

Just to let anyone who's interested know, special guest DJ's booked.

APRIL 8th - Mr. RICHARD [dickie] WATT - the man's a legend.

MAY 13th - ANDY KILLICK - from this forum. first time @ SOUL SALVATION for Andy.

Just to let anyone who's interested know, special guest DJ's booked.

APRIL 8th - Mr. RICHARD [dickie] WATT - the man's a legend.

MAY 13th - ANDY KILLICK - from this forum. first time @ SOUL SALVATION for Andy.

Sorry, forgot to include details. Make a night of it, The Keirby Park Hotel is just a short walk from the club. Tel. 01282 427611

Phil.

Sorry, forgot to include details. Make a night of it, The Keirby Park Hotel is just a short walk from the club. Tel. 01282 427611

Phil.

Hi Phil

Ive been plugging it tonight at the Harold Club 3rd Anniversary event, looks like it gonna be a busy night next Saturday in Burnley, I reckon this one is gonna be a great turn-out!

For all the people who whinge that they are fed up of the same old records being played, lets see you at the Cricket Club next Saturday night, if you dont enjoy the music I will personally refund your entrance fee! (providing you give me a detailed explanation!!)

Theres some great tunes to be heard at this event! This scene has some fantastic music for people who listen....

I hope to see some of the soul source crowd next week, come and say hello to me, and bring plenty of dosh, theres some seriously nice 45s for sale every month!

cheers

Paul blush.gif

Hi Phil

Ive been plugging it tonight at the Harold Club 3rd Anniversary event, looks like it gonna be a busy night next Saturday in Burnley, I reckon this one is gonna be a great turn-out!

For all the people who whinge that they are fed up of the same old records being played, lets see you at the Cricket Club next Saturday night, if you dont enjoy the music I will personally refund your entrance fee! (providing you give me a detailed explanation!!)

Theres some great tunes to be heard at this event! This scene has some fantastic music for people who listen....

I hope to see some of the soul source crowd next week, come and say hello to me, and bring plenty of dosh, theres some seriously nice 45s for sale every month!

cheers

Paul wicked.gif

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your efforts mate, much appreciated. There is deffinately a buzz on this one. I spoke to John Phillips last night, and he's well up for it. I've got some very tasty new BIG LADS to play, and I know Cliff has been buying.

I think Karl is comming over with a load from Sheffield, and Mr. Cato promised to bring some Mancs accross too. Unfortunately, Joan has a prior commitment and can't make it.

Not seen Kev & Wendy, but I'm hoping they'll turn up. So should be awesome mate. Can't wait.

Best, Phil.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your efforts mate, much appreciated. There is deffinately a buzz on this one. I spoke to John Phillips last night, and he's well up for it. I've got some very tasty new BIG LADS to play, and I know Cliff has been buying.

I think Karl is comming over with a load from Sheffield, and Mr. Cato promised to bring some Mancs accross too. Unfortunately, Joan has a prior commitment and can't make it.

Not seen Kev & Wendy, but I'm hoping they'll turn up. So should be awesome mate. Can't wait.

Best, Phil.

Just bumping this up, someones gotta do it. :wicked:

This sounds good, was looking for somewhere to go next Saturday, I'll see if I can get a car load together.

Sorry Steve I dont pass Manchester, otherwise you would have been welcome to a lift.

Kirsty

Hi Paul,

Best, Phil.

Phil,

Good luck with this one, I'm affraid I can't make it I'm on a diplomatic mission to the provences :wicked: (Playing some rarities in Belfast :lol: )

Have a good one when I get chance I'll do a scan of that Soul Dynamics for you to pass on to Stuart maybe he and Cliff will stop badgering me to sell it then. :lol:

Ged

Edited by ged parker

Hi Phil

Lets see whos up for it..I go where the car drivers go,not sure if british rail stop at Burnley.

steve

Mate, if I had time on Saturday I'd come and get you myself. Would love to see you if you can make it. British Rail do run to Burnley I'm sure. Anyway, try your best Stevie, that's all I can ask.

Best Regards, Phil.

P.S. let me know if and when you still want me to do a spot for you at S.O.N.

This sounds good, was looking for somewhere to go next Saturday, I'll see if I can get a car load together.

Sorry Steve I dont pass Manchester, otherwise you would have been welcome to a lift.

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,

I must know you by sight, but unfortunately we have never been introduced. If you can make it, please introduce yourself, I'll be on the door.

It would be a pleasure to see you, and I'd appreciate any constructive critisism from proper soulies such as yourself. It's very difficult trying to build up an upfront, rare night.

Hope you can make it.

Best Regards, Phil.

Hi Kirsty,

I must know you by sight, but unfortunately we have never been introduced. If you can make it, please introduce yourself, I'll be on the door.

It would be a pleasure to see you, and I'd appreciate any constructive critisism from proper soulies such as yourself. It's very difficult trying to build up an upfront, rare night.

Hope you can make it.

Best Regards, Phil.

If I can get some travelling companions will be there & I will be introduce myself.

I'll also let you know what I think of the night.

Best wishes

Phil,

Good luck with this one, I'm affraid I can't make it I'm on a diplomatic mission to the provences whistling.gif (Playing some rarities in Belfast smile.gif )

Have a good one when I get chance I'll do a scan of that Soul Dynamics for you to pass on to Stuart maybe he and Cliff will stop badgering me to sell it then. wink.gif

Ged

Ey up Ged,

Sorry you can't make it, you international DJ's, what a life you lead.

You certainly opened up a can of worms with that Soul Dynamics 45. I'd like to hear it. Please bring it to Soul Salvation, next time you come, and we'll play it. No, second thoughts, you better stick it on a tape for me. If Cliff & Stuart get sight of it you'll probably never get out alive. Would like that Emory & Dynamics on a tape also.

Have a good one mate,

Best Regards, Phil.

burnley f c ]

BUMP, BUMP.

OR you could go to .....

couldn't do it to ya Phil ..... have a good nite mate .... would be there myself if i wasn't elsewhere :ohmy:

Hi Joan,

It doesn't sound as though you need to bump your gig, if the last one was a sell out.I just wish I could have that much success. Have a good one yourself, you know I always miss you when you can't make it to Burnley. Dickie's on next month so hope you can make it for that.

Best, Phil xx

Bloody hell, I don't like this promoting lark. It's impossible not to clash with something.

AGHHHHHHHHHH! blush.gif

Hope it goes well tomorrow. I cant find anybody to go with, boo hoo, so I wont be there.

As Joan said April 8th is Piercebridge & I am helping on the door, but will try & come in May.

I dont envy you promoters, there's that much going on .

Kirsty

Tis the Kirsty that Paul Harris has been fortunate enough to meet here...

If he is driving past my house an dwould like to give me a lift then I would love to come...

We've no babysitter so my driver can't take me along! My driving is attrocious so don't even think about suggesting I drive myself!

Hope its a good night - even if its without me

If he is driving past my house an dwould like to give me a lift then I would love to come...

We've no babysitter so my driver can't take me along! My driving is attrocious so don't even think about suggesting I drive myself!

Hi Kirsty, I'll certainly ask him and get back to you.

Kirsty

Where were you on that picture, a parents evening? whistling.gif

The quiet Kirstyxx

Kirsty

Where were you on that picture, a parents evening? :yes:

The quiet Kirstyxx

That was a special surprise for Tim Ashibende on his 40th.

And you're no quieter than I am.... whistling.gif

That was a special surprise for Tim Ashibende on his 40th.

And you're no quieter than I am.... whistling.gif

I bet he enjoyed that suprise, it's a wonder he didnt have a heart attack :yes:

I bet he enjoyed that suprise, it's a wonder he didnt have a heart attack :lol:

I'm not feeling too good just looking at the picture. :thumbsup: If that's you Kirsty I'll come and pick you up myself. :yes: Don't suppose your husband would be too impressed though. :yes:

Paul said he would PM you.

Phil.

I bet he enjoyed that suprise, it's a wonder he didnt have a heart attack :lol:

Hi Kirsty M,

I looked at your pictures. Don't think you were on the door when I came in at Piercebridge. Must have been Harry's missus that took my money. I do recognise you though, sure I was stood next to you at Soulville Leeds last sat. night. I was talking to Jeff Heads & Duncan McCallister. They didn't introduce us though.

You're very lovely as well. :thumbsup:

Phil.

Light sorted, so i will see you up there Phil :thumbsup:

O.K. Chris,

I need to buy some more lights myself, my mate broke one of mine, and it keeps falling down now. Glad you can make it, look forward to seeing you there. Will Marcelle be joining you Chris? I hope so, she knows I love to see her dancing. Top girl you've got there mate. :lol:

Phil.

Guest Chris Waterman

O.K. Chris,

I need to buy some more lights myself, my mate broke one of mine, and it keeps falling down now. Glad you can make it, look forward to seeing you there. Will Marcelle be joining you Chris? I hope so, she knows I love to see her dancing. Top girl you've got there mate. :lol:

Phil.

Happy to say Marcelle can't make it :thumbsup: as she is looking after the boy.

Hi Kirsty M,

I looked at your pictures. Don't think you were on the door when I came in at Piercebridge. Must have been Harry's missus that took my money. I do recognise you though, sure I was stood next to you at Soulville Leeds last sat. night. I was talking to Jeff Heads & Duncan McCallister. They didn't introduce us though.

You're very lovely as well. :thumbsup:

Phil.

I was talking to Headsy for a while, so must have been me. I was wearing all black & drunk as a skunk!. Say hello next time you are at Soulsville. I dont think I would pull off the bunny suit quite as well as the other Kirsty though :lol:

Kirsty

Sorry Phil can,t make this one :lol: But anyone lookin for a treat in rare soul this is one of the best have a great nite see you soon :thumbsup:

HB :yes:

Not to worry Nige, you are forgiven for not attending, cos you live tooooo far away. But I will no doubt see you at Middleton next week, and we'll have a chat then. Thanks for the kind words mate. :yes:

Best Regards, Phil.

burnley f c ]

Last call for tonight, if you ain't made your mind up yet, get yourself down here for a great night out. You know you want it.

A big thanks to Paul for the lift!

Really enjoyed it last night, some great tunes were played. Am now on a get Cliff Djing more often campaign!

And Phil YES I am very domineering! Get twiddling with those knobs (in the privacy of your own home). You need to sort the sound out as some fantastic tunes sounded nasty and tinny!

Can't make it to the next one due to a prior social engagement, but I will go again. I don't have any friends - or I'd tell them all to give it a whirl ph34r.gif

A big thanks to Paul for the lift!

Really enjoyed it last night, some great tunes were played. Am now on a get Cliff Djing more often campaign!

And Phil YES I am very domineering! Get twiddling with those knobs (in the privacy of your own home). You need to sort the sound out as some fantastic tunes sounded nasty and tinny!

Can't make it to the next one due to a prior social engagement, but I will go again. I don't have any friends - or I'd tell them all to give it a whirl ph34r.gif

Kirsty, you are a star, thanks for graceing us with your presence last night. A couple of bass bins for the next one me thinks. And I can't believe that you don't have any friends :shades: Don't need the Cliff campain, he is a resident at Soul Salvation. On every month. :D

Thanks for the feedback, best regards, Phil.

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL THOSE BRAVE SOULIES WHO CHANCED THE WEATHER. LIKE KIRSTY THOUGHT THE SOUND A BIT MUDDY EARLIER ON BUT ENJOYED MYSELF.....A FEW MORE BODIES WOULD HAVE WARMED IT UP TOO....BUT HAVING SAID THAT I REALISE IT'S HARD WITH SO MANY EVENTS ON THESE DAYS......GREAT TO SEE LESLEY FROM BLACKPOOL AND ENJOYED MY CHIN-WAG WITH BUDGIE AND HILARY..AND PUT THE WORLD TO RIGHTS WITH 'THE SAINT' AT THE BAR. DON'T THINK IT'LL BE ANOTHER YEAR BEFORE WE SEE YOU PHIL BUT SO MUCH ON AND I'VE OTHER COMMITMENTS OUTSIDE OF SOUL..ALL SAID AND DONE THANKS FOR A GOOD NIGHT AND SOME TOP TUNES..BOUGHT A COUPLE OF NICE THINGS OFF MR WATERMAN TOO..SO WORTH THE TRIP.....ALL THE BEST !!! SEE YOU SOON !!

CHRIS M ph34r.gif

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all who attended last night. Especially Kev & Wendy for the long journey. Everyone there was quality, and I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as I did.

A big thanks to John Phillips who did an awesome guest spot. Heard some new tunes that I need to own, but most were covered. :angry: So may struggle. Hope we can continue to grow as the word spreads. Thanks again to all, you know who you are. ph34r.gif

Best regards, Phil.

Soul Salvation, trying to keep it upfront and underground. :shades:

Edited by quinvy

A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL THOSE BRAVE SOULIES WHO CHANCED THE WEATHER. LIKE KIRSTY THOUGHT THE SOUND A BIT MUDDY EARLIER ON BUT ENJOYED MYSELF.....A FEW MORE BODIES WOULD HAVE WARMED IT UP TOO....BUT HAVING SAID THAT I REALISE IT'S HARD WITH SO MANY EVENTS ON THESE DAYS......GREAT TO SEE LESLEY FROM BLACKPOOL AND ENJOYED MY CHIN-WAG WITH BUDGIE AND HILARY..AND PUT THE WORLD TO RIGHTS WITH 'THE SAINT' AT THE BAR. DON'T THINK IT'LL BE ANOTHER YEAR BEFORE WE SEE YOU PHIL BUT SO MUCH ON AND I'VE OTHER COMMITMENTS OUTSIDE OF SOUL..ALL SAID AND DONE THANKS FOR A GOOD NIGHT AND SOME TOP TUNES..BOUGHT A COUPLE OF NICE THINGS OFF MR WATERMAN TOO..SO WORTH THE TRIP.....ALL THE BEST !!! SEE YOU SOON !!

CHRIS M ph34r.gif

Hi Chris,

Good to see you again last night, always a pleasure. Thanks for your support.

Phil. :shades: