Jimmy Wallace Just Finished On Ebay

Guest Dan

meant to post on this earlier

also please bear in mind minor conmflict of interest in that i'm selling one myself

BUT

was the jimmy wallace that just went on ebay a proper one?

i've had two over the years and also have seen one or two others and scans etc and they are all the typical alpha purple, unlike the blue on the ebay-d one?

jimmy 1 attached is the blue one

jimmy 2 attached is the more usual colour

any thoughts?

who is recordhelga? casting no aspersions, this is just a genuine enquiry so apologies to helga if all above board.

post-118-1140513898_thumb.jpg

post-118-1140513913_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

also please bear in mind minor conmflict of interest in that i'm selling one myself

BUT

i've had two over the years and also have seen one or two others and scans etc and they are all the typical alpha purple, unlike the blue on the ebay-d one?

any thoughts?

who is recordhelga? casting no aspersions, this is just a genuine enquiry so apologies to helga if all above board.

Hi Dan the one I had was "blue" and totally genuine .I believe the reason behind it being rare is that as the pressing run progressed the record was gradually being pressed off centre.Mine was slightly off centre.I suppose upon the discovery that most wouldn't play they were Skipped?ATB Steve
Social source share

Hi Dan the one I had was "blue" and totally genuine .I believe the reason behind it being rare is that as the pressing run progressed the record was gradually being pressed off centre.Mine was slightly off centre.I suppose upon the discovery that most wouldn't play they were Skipped?ATB Steve

cheers steve, rich

dan

Social source share

BUT

any thoughts?

Recordhelga is a honest collector and DJ from Dresden, Germany. As far as I know this record was genuine.

cheers, Martin

PS: No fear, there are surely not all of the Jimmy Wallace 45s in Germany.

Social source share

Hi Dan

Saw one in a box very recently for £700 and it too was....BLUE

it was old bit worn label not in brilliant nick but blue all the same

Geeoooordie

cheers geordie, we're learning all the time :(

Recordhelga is a honest collector and DJ from Dresden, Germany. As far as I know this record was genuine.

cheers, Martin

PS: No fear, there are surely not all of the Jimmy Wallace 45s in Germany.

cheers martin :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Steve

back then you were the man with taste bet you wish you had kept all those records, We used to call Andy keep them 5 minutes Spencer. He bought some real class from Planty for £600 he got Lady in green, Soulettes,Jimmy Burns Erica, Jimmy Delphs Dancing a hole, Martells and one other which i cant remember

Best Ted

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert