Double Exposure On Gold Coast And Salsoul

Sebastian

Is the Double Exposure group that did the fine "After All This Time" on a 7"/12" back in 1981 on the Gold Coast label the same group that had releases on Salsoul? And if so, did they release an entire LP on Gold Coast? Have read that the Salsoul bunch disbanded in 1980 so I'm a bit confused... Any info? Thanks in advance.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What an excellent write up of this great group, Dr Bob Jones put up a video clip last month and I clicked on the source which is called You Tube (charming!) and I discovered Ten Per Cent by the group plus My Love Is Free, a bit disco-fied but great Philly never the less, I then bought the two singles on ebay for a combined price of $8!, promo's as well!, I just love em!

Lenny thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Thanks! thumbsup.gif Aparently the same group and they only had one release on the Gold Coast label. Great punchy uptempo dancer in my opinion.

Picked up the 12" a few months ago, I'd agree, real nice and its a cheapie :wicked: , not seen a 45 through. i'd assume its not got the slap bass break in it.

I must give the other side a listen.

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

Picked up the 12" a few months ago, I'd agree, real nice and its a cheapie thumbsup.gif , not seen a 45 through. i'd assume its not got the slap bass break in it.

I must give the other side a listen.

The 12" is indeed fairly easy to find but the 7" has proved to be pretty damn elusive and it luckily hasn't got that long slap bass break. :wicked: The 45 version is only 3:58, check out the sound clip below. Still seems to be quite unknown. Banging tune! :wicked:

Double Exposure After All This Time.mp3

Social source share

The 12" is indeed fairly easy to find but the 7" has proved to be pretty damn elusive and it luckily hasn't got that long slap bass break. wink.gif The 45 version is only 3:58, check out the sound clip below. Still seems to be quite unknown. Banging tune! :shades:

I like abit of slap bass :lol:

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

The 12" is indeed fairly easy to find but the 7" has proved to be pretty damn elusive and it luckily hasn't got that long slap bass break. unsure.gif The 45 version is only 3:58, check out the sound clip below. Still seems to be quite unknown. Banging tune! :shades:

Always preffered the mellow side :lol: Will have to flip it over and see.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!