Review of the Mid Tempo CD swap

didn't I do one for you hippo a few weeks back? if not I'll happily do one

link

Hi Dan

Yes you did! Dan was in fact the only person who ventured ought of his own free will, so I stand corrected. It was ****ing marvellous except 'Dancin girl' which is "different" shall we say!

Years ago I used to regularly do tape swaps, and if anyone is interested in doing the modern day equivalent of CD swaps then PM me. I'm interested in mega rare / non-released / one-off stuff & anything, more importantly, that's £50 or less.

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hippo -

I'm a bad child - haven't checked this thread for a wee while... sorry - I'll knock off a copy of my mid-tempo for you ... PM me your address.

K

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Hi Dan

Yes you did! Dan was in fact the only person who ventured ought of his own free will, so I stand corrected. It was ****ing marvellous except 'Dancin girl' which is "different" shall we say!

Years ago I used to regularly do tape swaps, and if anyone is interested in doing the modern day equivalent of CD swaps then PM me. I'm interested in mega rare / non-released / one-off stuff & anything, more importantly, that's £50 or less.

link

yes very interested in obscure soul, pop, r&b, L.p tracks, also into trades, vinyl turnover and recognition is still my game, mega rare sounds interesting,

chris at enchantedrythm@tiscali.co.uk

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Mack Starr & Mellows - Drifting Apart - Cub

Great piece of mid-tempo, often overlooked side to Oh My Love which I included on my swap cd. Oh My Love did get plays at Stafford and during that era, wonder if this side did cause I don't recall hearing it played out although could be wrong there as memory worse than a goldfish :-) Certainly sounds like something that could have been given a try.

hi chalky i remember it for drifting apart, and bought it for that side too, sold it to carl w approx 5 years ago.

still a nice tune (both sides)

kev s

Social source share

still 2 cds missing.

I'm happy to cobble something together and swap if anyone is interested. PM me your address

link

Hi Hippo, bit late on this but would be glad to swap with you, check my tracklist however (in original thread) as not sure there will be much you dont know I would think.

Let me know and pm me your address if you are interested, my address is 11/8 Newhaven Place Edinburgh. eh6 4tw Scotland.

Miss Goldie, thats also the address for you to send yours, apologies for not getting back sooner.

Jason in USA I have had your cd returned a second time, my fault this time as I copied the wrong post code again!! Huge apologies, will send it out to you over weekend. Cant believe your post returns it for one number!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

No worries Jock! Good things are worth the wait. Postal system over here is full of the laziest bastards who will gladly slack off while they still get all of their government benefits and paid holidays, too. Pisses me off!

Looking forward to the disc, and don't EVEN sweat it. It's quite alright, man.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!