smersh tonight

Guest wrighty

not sure if this is the time or the place but if any of u slags fancy a quick tipple tonight with me and fryer before u head off somewhere else you could do a lot worse than popping into SMERSH bar (5 ravey st shoreditch)...its, ahem, intimate surroundings will give everyone a chance to hear all those luvely funky disco tunes CLOSE-UP....oh and we'll be there from 8 til 12!

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Johnny One Trout

Excuse me Mr Wrighty but is there a dress code?

I have seen some photo's from previous nights there, where some of the DJ appear dressed in silk blouses, like it's some sort of 70's bad taste night (a thought apparently echoed by some to said DJ's selections;o)

Can you confirm if this is indeed the case or a one off abberation that is not representative of the rest of the SMERSH clientelle?

Thanks in Anpissitation

Johnathon Trout esq

Social source share

johnny...having not frequented said establishment i can neither deny nor confirm your observations...er in other words you can wear what u fookin' loike ;-)))

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

johnny...having not frequented said establishment i can neither deny nor confirm your observations...er in other words you can wear what u fookin' loike ;-)))

Er OK Wrighty, thanks. I knew i was asking for Trouble with that one.....................

Social source share

sorry johnny, totally lost the plot :-/ of course i forgot mr trouble was down there last month which i'm assuming your reference to bad shirts is about ;-)) he's off dj'ing in canada at the mo, so me and fryer are having a crack at smersh in his abscence....

Social source share

i'll miss the smersh when I bugger off up north in November. head noddin soul, polish vodka, polish ale, taking money off the barstaff whilst playing 5s and 3s.

certainly won't miss missing the last tube tho due to the said vodka and ale.

Scotty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

So come on then Ian the least you could do was to give us at least an idea of what you and frier played the other night!!!!! :D

Don't be shy just because they are fonkay some on here would appreciate it matey especially those of us stuck in at home this weekend working <_<

John

Social source share

So come on then Ian the least you could do was to give us at least an idea of what you and frier played the other night!!!!! :D

Don't be shy just because they are fonkay some on here would appreciate it matey especially those of us stuck in at home this weekend working  <_<

John

link

gonna have to give me a while to think johnny...bit of a blur right now :D

Social source share

seriously, will get one up later on when i go thru me box  :rolleyes:

link

right johnny, just for you, this is what i played, definitely in no particular order <_<

powerhouse - you turn me on

ike strong - your love keeps me dancing

breakwater - say you love me girl

nicky newarkers - woman

syl johnson - different strokes

little beaver - everybody got some dues to pay

phil flowers - if it feels good do it

pages - heartaches and pain

t & t - something on my mind

king c - funk part 2

t-connection - do what you wanna do

marlena shaw - california soul

darrow fletcher - what have i got now

hermone & the boys in the band - we are the boys in the band

aquarian dream - you're a star

mfsb - sexy

lemuria - hunk of heaven

gold - what about the child

nathan bartell - top going down bottom going up

the fabulettes - muddy waters

6th degree south - loving you is too far out

endless night - take a chance

dewayne and the beldettas - get out of my life woman

latin breed - i turn you on

soul - burning spear

dexter wansel - life on mars

montclairs - hung up on your love

loleatta holloway - runaway

sir joe and free soul - so much trouble on my mind

jewel - paradise

patterson twins - gonna find a true love (the best version ph34r.gif )

chantels - indian giver

sisters love - give me your love

tony drake - suddenly

orgone - funky nassau

4 dimensions - hipper snapper

phew....happy now johnny? cool.gif

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

As it happens yes wink.gif

Some nice bits of tunage there son Powerhouse being a particular fave in our house (both sides) and T&T, Lemuria (made Gary dennis play this at the Brum weekender he had a full floor slipped this on and instant tumbleweeds :rolleyes: Brilliant rare groove IMVFHO) Dexter "The Letcher" Wansell, P Twins (you're wright wink.gif ) Breakwater, Ike Strong, and so many more good stuff lad you'll do for me.

Not to familiar with some of the funk stuff but if it's up to par with the rest then i'm sure your public loved you ph34r.gif

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!