• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yep, Send me an email jamien1@btinternet.com

or PM me

or call on Moby: 07739 917972

Reserve your place at the 'MODO' Awards (Music Of Dart Origin) function of the year.

Capacity is 120.

When they are gone, they are gone.

For an eviling of Light-Heartedness, Non-Attitudeness, Silliness, Drunkeness, Good Music Across The Boardness, Loch Ness and the rest.

Jamie

Guest Johnny One Trout

Jumping Jehosaphat Jamolian are you sure that 120 tickets will satisfy demand on this one????? I hope you have extra door staff booked for the evening to keep out the riff raff.

Have you had the request for two flaggons of warm cider yet from your headline artist??

Mwahahoaaaaaarrrr

I for one will have nothing to do with an event that 1: openly promotes ALCOHOL ABUSE. 2: LIGHT HEARTEDNESS (this has no place at Soul Music Venues) 3:NON-ATTITUDENESS (this is a soul event after all). 4:SILLINESS (i happen to have been in the building trade man and boy..tut tut). and as a warning to all our younger Members (those under 40) the names on the attached flyer are all a part of that savage and ill mannered crowd that get up to all sorts of bizaare and ungodly behaviour over in the FREEBASING SECTION.........

No i'll be heavily involved with my local brass rubbing club when this foul debauchery is going on!!!!!!!!

Does that mean you wont be attending then Brett PMSL, Janine and I were rather hopeing you would carry our record boxes they are a tad on the heavy side hehehe

ps I object to being called a savage ;-)

Jumping Jehosaphat Jamolian are you sure that 120 tickets will satisfy demand on this one????? I hope you have extra door staff booked for the evening to keep out the riff raff.

Have you had the request for two flaggons of warm cider yet from your headline artist??

Mwahahoaaaaaarrrr

I've got people employed to keep people IN.

And I hope no-one notices that all the posts on this thread are actually me logged on as a different user, and are infact one and the same person and this is nothing more than an advertising gimmick to promote the smallest soul venue in the UK.

So, who's going to the 'SMALL' one??

(The requests from the headliner we're in the same bracket as pop-diva J-LO (Janine-LOafer))

I for one will have nothing to do with an event that 1: openly promotes ALCOHOL ABUSE. 2: LIGHT HEARTEDNESS (this has no place at Soul Music Venues) 3:NON-ATTITUDENESS (this is a soul event after all). 4:SILLINESS (i happen to have been in the building trade man and boy..tut tut). and as a warning to all our younger Members (those under 40) the names on the attached flyer are all a part of that savage and ill mannered crowd that get up to all sorts of bizaare and ungodly behaviour over in the FREEBASING SECTION.........

No i'll be heavily involved with my local brass rubbing club when this foul debauchery is going on!!!!!!!!

Yeah right Brett,

You've already PM'd me panicking about what to play!!! LOL!

For those that are not part of the SSCDT collective and maybe somewhat confused, this is actually a REAL event taking place next month in LEEDS - a Soul Source special.

Jamien is by far the most sensible of the bunch* so if you have any queries or need any info / directions PM him - Soulsville

------------------------------------

Och, and before I sign off - a wee word to the SSCDT from Miss Jean Brodie ~

If catch an ounce of your team brouhaha spilling out in to the public arena you'll get a severe doughnut lashing and your "special" freebase box will be confiscated. lol.gif

------------------------------------

footnote * - actually Brett is, but he's in denial

Guest Johnny One Trout

Och, and before I sign off - a wee word to the SSCDT from Miss Jean Brodie ~

If catch an ounce of your team brouhaha spilling out in to the public arena you'll get a severe doughnut lashing and your "special" freebase box will be confiscated. lol.gif

Away we ya Hinny as if Janine and Karen would do such a thing och they're canny lasses and noo bther.

Who knows it mayt even encourage Nini to try and pretend she know at least summat aboot soul music by texting everyone she has ever met for info ;o))))

Vatch oot Vatch oot Von Troots aboot

For those of you not lucky ( :rolleyes: ) enough to make it on the 30th October for the anniversary, a taster for what's to come this Friday 1st October.

Entrance is free 8:00 - 2:30

Rich is having a Birthday bash in New Orleans, so hopefully he can bring back some 'Swamp Boogie' back in time for 'The SMALL One' on the 30th.

See you down there.........

wink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Brett if your interested i've got some splendid brass rubbings, if you want to do swaps let me know.  I didn't realise you was of that leaning.

link

John as you well know us Northerners love our brass rubbings, especially those depicting clog wearing men covered in tar and bitumen :rolleyes:

post-1312-1096393752_thumb.jpgThe latest Flyer

link

Right Karen, (Janine too) if i do not appear on the next flyer they will be hell to play, after all Jamie has asked me to headline the event, and as such has willingly paid a small fortune to put me up in the "Regency" hotel in central Leeds, with a total across the board "FREE" tab (that he assures me will be picked up by my fellow dj's).

So unless you loathsome darts types give me the respect i am due, then i will have no other option but to ask Mike -H to ban your savage rabble from this respectable and family run forum!

:rolleyes:

Dont know where you got those silly ideas from Brett, the two headliners are Janine and myself.

We thought you were booked to carry our record boxes? We are booked into the crowne plaza, Jamie said he is paying for that too ;-)

3oth October looks good my old freind Soulville..Count me in and i will take you're spare room please...If you have one?? brett said you were born in the gutter..Lots of love and all that stuff..

Steve..

link

Would be a pleasure to have such an esteemed figure and legend of the silvery-screen at our night.

Accomodation sorted for you at my good friend Rich's.

I'll PM you and we can arrange to meet up thru the day.

Cheers fella,

Jamie

John as you well know us Northerners love our brass rubbings, especially those depicting clog wearing men covered in tar and bitumen  :lol:

link

Think you better Check Yourself Brett, you're getting mixed up with I A P & Co.

Brass rubbings indeed.

Would be a pleasure to have such an esteemed figure and legend of the silvery-screen at our night.

Accomodation sorted for you at my good friend Rich's.

I'll PM you and we can arrange to meet up thru the day.

Cheers fella,

Jamie

link

Great to have the "Legendary" Steve Cato in Leeds and also at Rich's, looks like we will have to meet good and early Jamie....I'm seriously looking toward an 8.30am breakfast start then move on at "Break-Neck" speed :lol: toward the early afternoon drinking clubs of Leeds ( you know Jamie, the ones with filthy dirty beer soaked men covered in cobwebs!) then be carried or dragged to the "World Famous" ....Soulsville ......At this point i will neither know nor care what happens, just prop me infront of those oil burning decks, whilst i allow my Sheffield "Support" to pick and both play my vinyl......

CANNOT WAIT..

Brett

Dave Abbott has designed all the flyers so far, so suggest you direct your petty remarks to him about headline DJ's (of course no amount of bitching will change the line up) :lol: Should you really wish to be in cluded in this great night which will no doubt go down in history of the soul scene then special favours to myself and Karen may work wink.gif

Dave Abbott has designed all the flyers so far, so suggest you direct your petty remarks to him about headline DJ's (of course no amount of bitching will change the line up) wink.gif Should you really wish to be in cluded in this great night which will no doubt go down in history of the soul scene then special favours to myself and Karen may work tongue.gif

link

Janine you do realise Jamie has paid me in a months supply of "Pot Noodles" just to have my sheer presence here!

I am sweating nervously at the very thought of "special" favours for Soul Sources 2 leading ladies. ( On second thoughts Jamie i may well be busy that night adjusting my fallen arches!) :lol:

Janine you do realise Jamie has paid me in a months supply of "Pot Noodles" just to have my sheer presence here!

I am sweating nervously at the very thought of "special" favours for Soul Sources 2 leading ladies. ( On second thoughts Jamie i may well be busy that night adjusting my fallen arches!) :lol:

link

Never fear Brett, we only want you to go to the bar for us, we are far to lazy wink.gif

I'm sure it's on tonight :)

Ah! the now famous 'SMALL' event of the year is on the 30th, tonight, being the 1st, is the monthly tight-arses favourite (free entry) 'Soulsville'.

We have the lovely Janice guesting, playing a modern/x-over set and Matty playing his usual fine standard of music.

Oh yeah, and me.

Jamie

Just a reminder people

Soulsville 1st Anniversary Celebration 30th October 2004

The final piece of the Jigsaw.....

We are pleased to announce that the final Guest DJ at the 'Soulsville' 1st Anniversary bash has been confirmed.

PAT BRADY

It's only a very small venue, and as a result of the calibre of Guest DJ's we have on the roster, (That's for you Janine!) we have had to make it a Ticket Only affair.

The Venue holds a Fire Brigade enforced 110 max (After checking with the bar owner), and with it having such a low roof that will seem a lot more.

The Roll Call:

Dave Abbott

Janine Snow

Alison & John Nightingale

Craig Westwood

Karen Crane

Brett Franklin

And not forgetting 'Soulsville's' very own helpless drunks Jamie Hartford & Rich Buckley

How we are all gonna play I don't know!!!

Times now confirmed as 7:00 - 2:30. - That 7 1/2 Hours of Soul!!!!

Tickets at a very modest £3 to cover costs (If it was down to me it would be a tenner!!!)

To reserve a ticket contact either Jamie or Rich:

jamien1@btinternet.com, or Mobile 07739 917972.

richard.buckley@granadamedia.com or mobile 07799 846629 work: 0113 222 7174 home:0113 275 4255

Please leave attitudes at the door, this is a light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek affair. Loads of good music from all eras, and lots of laughs!!!

Jamie & Rich

Baby Jupiter bar,

11 York Place

Leeds LS1 2DS

Across the board music policy - newies, oldies, rarities, R & B, crossover and modern from 60s to present day. Expect to hear:

Think this may be better served by PM, but can't be bothered to go e-mail everyone, so what time are people arriving, i hope to get in Leeds for around 12 noon, going with Rich and Jamie around Headingly for a few beers, so can't wait......... whistling.gif

Think this may be better served by PM, but can't be bothered to go e-mail everyone, so what time are people arriving, i hope to get in Leeds for around 12 noon, going with Rich and Jamie around Headingly for a few beers, so can't wait......... whistling.gif

link

well on the sscdt page my driver said we will be taking sandwichs and arriving around 2-3pm laugh.gif