J. Coddington (record Fraud?)

Guest lotusland

Guest lotusland

hello,

slightly new to this board though many on this page have purchased quality records from my store or myself. cheers!

i have just recently done a transaction which has turned sour with a buyer named john coddington, i mailed him a record the day after recieving payment, he should have it by now but he has just filed a paypal dispute in an attempt at getting his money back.

a little worried over here, just wondering if anyone has been done wrong by this guy. is he commonly associated with record fraud??

thanks in advance.

tom

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tom,

I think he used to be on my mailing list, but I can't remember ever having any problems with him.

If he hasn't received his record then I'm afraid he is entitled to claim his money back.

Paypal will tell you that it is YOUR fault for not insuring the record, no matter what. Now whether you offered him insurance or not, they won't take any notice of this. The only way round it is to insist that overseas buyers pay for insurance and if they won't pay for insurance, then they will not be allowed to pay via paypal.

I have had to take out this policy and so far it is working, but I lost over £200 to people claiming they hadn't had their records, and one of them actually advertised one of my records on ebay about 6 weeks after having his money refunded!

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Tom,

I think he used to be on my mailing list, but I can't remember ever having any problems with him.

If he hasn't received his record then I'm afraid he is entitled to claim his money back.

Paypal will tell you that it is YOUR fault for not insuring the record, no matter what. Now whether you offered him insurance or not, they won't take any notice of this. The only way round it is to insist that overseas buyers pay for insurance and if they won't pay for insurance, then they will not be allowed to pay via paypal.

I have had to take out this policy and so far it is working, but I lost over £200 to people claiming they hadn't had their records, and one of them actually advertised one of my records on ebay about 6 weeks after having his money refunded!

wow, thats a bad turn. i've heard many frightening stories about stuff like this on soulstrut.com

the good thing is that we did decide on registered mail, and i now have insurance and the tracking # required for the paypal inquiry. so in that regards i'm set. just have to hope and pray that paypal does the right thing. now at this final stage i began to worry that maybe the person i'm dealing with is a 'pro' or a hustler. then i would like to collect negative info on him to present to paypal. in this modern day a seller has to watch his back on ebay or any paypal transaction. i'm considering only accepting international money orders for any big items.

thanks for all the help pete!

Edited by lotusland
Social source share

i'm considering only accepting international money orders for any big items.

I know that some sellers (who previously only accepted bidpay) put up several big garage items recently on auction only accepting money orders. Only the most sought after rarities got sold because buyers couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle and expenses of getting money orders issued the old fashioned way.

Sorry to hear about your paypal trouble though.

Social source share

hello,

slightly new to this board though many on this page have purchased quality records from my store or myself. cheers!

i have just recently done a transaction which has turned sour with a buyer named john coddington, i mailed him a record the day after recieving payment, he should have it by now but he has just filed a paypal dispute in an attempt at getting his money back.

a little worried over here, just wondering if anyone has been done wrong by this guy. is he commonly associated with record fraud??

thanks in advance.

tom

He has bought from me and has been ok

we only send recorded/insured anyway

sorry to hear the bad lnews

Pete

Social source share

Guest micksmith

hello,

thanks in advance.

tom

Social source share

Guest micksmith

hello,

thanks in advance.

tom

HAVE KNOWN JOHN FOR SOME YEARS-HE'S AN HONEST GUY. MICK SMITH.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!