Gold Band

[Rs] lori burton - there's no other way (to stop lovin' you) (breakout lp mercury sr 61136) 1967

Title: lori burton - there's no other way (to stop lovin' you) (breakout lp mercury sr 61136) 1967
Artist: lori burton
Track: there's no other way (to stop lovin' you)
Label: mercury

breakout lp sr 611361967 Record information:

lori burton and pam sawyer were another 60s songwriting team, writing hits for lulu and patti labelle & the bluebelles, but when their schoolyard soap opera nightmare was passed over by the shangri-las, they decided to record and release it themselves as the whyte boots. though the single wasn't a huge success an album followed, credited to burton. the tunes are all over the pop map, including some remarkably brazen ripoffs - bye bye charlie sounds just like cherry cherry, only your love recalls i got you babe, while "since i lost your lovin" slavishly copies a much better song you lost that lovin feeling, they all suit burton's alternately smooth and down-n-dirty vocals. my favourite track off this album is theres no other way (to stop lovin' you).

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.