Not That Rare is It

• Replies 20
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Joey D had a VG copy for £600.....yes £600  :D sorry Joe but it seems a bit overpriced to me  :D Oooh I'm liking the new smiley things they're cool! Up yours JamesTrouble, I can do it too!!!!!!! :D

link

To be fair until recently this really was quite hard but over the last year or so there seem to have been lots around Pete Smith even turned one up in a local junk shop in brum. 600 wouldn't have been massively overpriced then but since they have turned up it's difficult to put an accurate price on. I suppose 400 as Chalky guessed wouldn't be far off the currnet going rate but i really have seen too many of them recently to warrant that sort of price tag, probably nearer 2-300 would be a fairer price but hey you know what it's like...........

Phnoooaaar phnooaaarr

JoT

Social source share

can remember a mucker paying very high 3 fig for it straight after it come out on g/vine 2000

thought was bid mad as assumed that after it being released intrest would plumment

of course was wrong again:) and at moment round this way more popular than ever

Also heard it being used as a ender three or more times now at various nighters

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

To be honest Mike nowadays a rerelease always seems to me to have exactly the opposite effect than it did back in the day.

I suppose back then you could afford to drop a record from your playlist because it was booted or released legally. Nowadays what are you gonna replace it with? It also serves to broaden the appeal i suppose especially on a record like this that started life in those evil Modern rooms LOL ;o)))

John

Social source share

To be honest Mike nowadays a rerelease always seems to me to have exactly the opposite effect than it did back in the day.

I suppose back then you could afford to drop a record from your playlist because it was booted or released legally. Nowadays what are you gonna replace it with? It also serves to broaden the appeal i suppose especially on a record like this that started life in those evil Modern rooms LOL ;o)))

John

link

Evil Modern rooms? From what I understand it was a Stafford main room spin :D

Social source share

yeah, has changed suppose, though think other shagg release at same time did seem to fade away

think part why thought mad, as myself reluntanct to spend big if 45 avail on reissue 45 or similar, if spending what he did, and memory says was a fair bit higher than the other prices mentioned here, would prefer a bit of exclusiveness if know what i mean:)

Evil Modern rooms?

think that could be a different thread, guitar ray classed as modern nowadays ?? maybe someplaces ? though would have thought be bit out of sync in the more modern modern rooms :D ))

class as northern myself - not that that means much :D ))

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

It's like so many other things that Crossover though eh :D Sure this was an old Thorne spin along with so many others from back then, it even made Goldmine's Modern Soul Vol 2 comp but what would Browny know :D:D:D

The main room at Stafford was at times quite eclectic if my memory serves (mind you it's not brilliant :D ) at the end of the day it's a moot point i'll gladly take any decent 70's record that makes it the Main rooms nowadays :P

Finbarr

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yeah they have, it was a £1000 two years ago  :D

link

Yeah the b#st#rd you'd think me being his long lost pal he would have sold it to me eh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two years ago it was a mega rarity not now though eh

JoT

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

The main room at TOTW wasnt JUST a 60s newies place. Especially in the early days. You had plenty of oldies, and Robin, Adam, Dave, Richard, all played soul from the 60s to the current day. It is most fondly remembered for the incredible amount of quality 60s stuff discovered, and the other great stuff seems to have been almost forgotten about.

For me, the whole venue was about quality, and also about breaking down barriers beteen different styles of Northern Soul.

It was later that the 60s mafia had their influence in the main hall. But even then there was still plenty of quality 70s and 80s to be heard.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!