Willie Pickett - On The Stage Of Life

Guest Brian Ellis

Guest Brian Ellis

Just been talking to Steve Conner about which of the two labels is the original (first) issue of Willie Pickett's 'On the stage of life'. I have it on Eastern; the other label is SoulPot.

Just listened to the sound clip on SS and it seems to be slightly different to my Eastern version (just slightly faster and a bit 'lighter' in terms of the vocals). I'm guessing that this is the SoulPot version; perhaps whoever posted it could confirm this?

Is anyone able to cast any light on which of the two is the first issue please?

Brian :ohmy:

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HI Brian, I always believed Soulpot to be the first version because on my Eastern copy it says "A soulpot production" or something like that...

I`m not sure if there is a difference in the cut...every version I`ve heard always sounds the same to me.

Chris

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

HI Brian, I always believed Soulpot to be the first version because on my Eastern copy it says "A soulpot production" or something like that...

I`m not sure if there is a difference in the cut...every version I`ve heard always sounds the same to me.

Chris

Chris

I'll check my copy later to see what it says on it. If you've got time, play your Eastern and then check the SS clip and see if you come to the same conclusion as me. Or could be it's just my turntable that's a bit slower?

Brian

Social source share

Chris

I'll check my copy later to see what it says on it. If you've got time, play your Eastern and then check the SS clip and see if you come to the same conclusion as me. Or could be it's just my turntable that's a bit slower?

Brian

Hi Guys

The two are definiely different---have had both versions -- sold the Eastrern one still got the Soul Pot one-- Tim Brown describes the Soul Pot version as N orthern and Eastern as 70's-- not really sure theres that much difference-

John P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!