[Rs] four tops - ain't no woman (like the one i've got)

gazman

Title: four tops - ain't no woman (like the one i've got)
Artist: four tops
Track: ain't no woman
Label: abc

usa Record information:

sublime

"Ain't No Woman (Like the One I've Got)" is a 1973 hit single written by Dennis Lambert and Brian Potter, released as a single by the Four Tops on the ABC/Dunhill record label, from the album Keeper of the Castle.

The song was originally recorded by the singing trio of Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds and released on their 1972 album, Hallway Symphony.

The Four Tops' hit version was led by longtime singer Levi Stubbs, and included special co-lead spots by the other Tops, Lawrence Payton, Renaldo "Obie" Benson and Abdul "Duke" Fakir, in that respective order during the song's chorus. The song explains the love a man feels for the woman he's in love with.

Their second single release on ABC after leaving Motown in 1972, the song became their most successful post-Motown Top 40 hit, reaching number four on the US Pop Singles chart. It was also another big success for the group on the US R&B Singles chart, where it peaked at number two.

Additional cover versions include Bloodfire Posse; Mel Brown; East Coast Band; The Friends of Distinction; Home T; Kashif; Louie; The Mamas & the Papas; Johnny Mathis; and Melvin Sparks.

refosoul image

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic