Northern/modern/funk 45s For Sale! Ohio Rarities

1. 400 Years of What? - "Do What You Like b/w Get Down People" Counterpart VG+ $300

Clean copy of this killer Cincinnati two sided funk rock masterpiece from 1975. Featuring future members of Parliament and Zapp!

2. Charles Spurling and the LoveJoys "I'm Glad It's You b/w No Man Has Ever Touched Me" Bubbles VG $200

Decent copy of an extremely rare Cincinnati soul 45 from the legendary Charles Spurling. Same label as Allen Matthews "Allen's Party". This is his rarest 45 by far, and he's being backed up by the Young Mods!!!! One of my favorite Cincinnati soul pieces.

3. Marie Queenie Lyons "See And Don't See" Deluxe VG+ $50

Excellent copy of this moody sisterfunk classic. Has drillhole and one or two clicks right before the music kicks in.

4. Lenny Frierson "Baby It's You b/w Got To Find A Place" Starbound VG++ $300

Relatively unknown Cincinnati modern/crossover rarity. Lenny is being backed up by Sunchild, who also released a rare 45 on the label and are an early incarnation of Midnight Star. "Baby.." is a fantastic ballad with group harmony, and the flip is a nice midtempo stepper.

5. Alvin Cash "Keep On Dancing" Toddlin' Town - unplayed stock $25

This is the red label, styrene pressing.

6. Charmaines "Goodbye Baby Goodbye" Fraternity VG+ $100

Their rarest on Fraternity. Quality girl group northern.

7. The Deviations & Deviation Band "Loving You b/w Boogie To The Beat" Soul Sounds Unlimited VG+ $100

Another Cincinnati piece. Beautiful sweet group harmony ballad on one side, mediocre disco on the other side!

8. Roger And The Human Body "Freedom b/w Freedom Revised" Troutman Bros. VG+ $150

Classic seventies funk rarity from Dayton, Ohio. Vocoder!!!

9. Spyder Turner "I Can't Make It Anymore" MGM Yellow Demo!!! VG+ $100

Rare demo version of all time Northern classic. Vinyl has some light marking, but plays great.

10. Final Touch - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 - Epic $100

Here's the catch on this one. First, this is the rarer, and necessary commercial issue, which has the vocal version on part 2. This copy would be really clean except it has label writing and some weird, but small interior heat crack, which produces some clicking that is audible only if you're really listening closely. Really, it plays fine, though. Due to circumstances, this is 1/4 the book price. Don't be fooled into a promo copy without the vocal side!

11. Earl Grant - Hide Nor Hair - Decca VG+ $50

Uptempo soul from the otherwise mediocre Earl Grant!

12. Dolores Gibson - I Got A Feeling - Elloma VG $100

Really obscure, sultry, r&b sound, co-written by HB Barnum. First label for this one. Seen it listed from £100 to £165. This copy plays vg+, but has too many light surface marks to justify the grade.

13. Judy Clay - You Busted My Mind b/w Your Kind Of Lovin' - Scepter VG+ $50

Two-sided Northern classic stormer. This is the rarer of the two ways it came out, with the preferable flipside.

14. Willie Mitchell - That Driving Beat - Hi VG+ $20

Classic northern. Has some weird spirograph-like marking on the vinyl, visible at certain angles, think that's from a jukebox? Plays like a mint record. Comes with a jukebox strip.

15. Vicki Anderson - In The Land Of Milk And Honey - Brownstone VG+ $20

Dramatic James Brown Productions sisterfunk.

16. Bobby Taylor - Oh I've Been Blessed - VIP VG+ $30

PAYPAL only. Email me at cburgan@cinci.rr.com with any questions or if you'd like to buy something.

Thanks!!

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!