• 1 year later...
  • Replies 18
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The was a question regarding THE WHISPERS - REMEMBER ME

Apparently there is some confusion regarding the Matrix Details.

So I thought that I would scan the Stamped Matrix of these two.

I see.

I thought you might have been trying to point out which of the two was the original release?

The stamped matrix on each look identical so how does one decide on which label design is the original?

Denbo.

Incidentally, do you know where I can get a copy of this;

Artist : Jay Lewis

Title : Love Is Real / Darling Let Me Know

Label : Dra 313

Social source share

I see.

I thought you might have been trying to point out which of the two was the original release?

The stamped matrix on each look identical so how does one decide on which label design is the original?

Denbo.

Incidentally, do you know where I can get a copy of this;

Artist : Jay Lewis

Title : Love Is Real / Darling Let Me Know

Label : Dra 313

The Hexagon Clock was the First Design.

The Round Clock the second design.

As can be seen from the scans they were pressed using the same Stamper.

I'll have a look for Jay Lewis.

Social source share

I'll have a look for Jay Lewis.

I was aware the hexagon clock was the original design. Even looks older, if you know what I mean.

Thanks regarding the Jay Lewis.

Denbo.

Social source share

Hi,

Does it matter where the 'H' is situated on the run out groove? Mine is on the 'wasting' side.

Thanks

P :wicked:

Hi

Holding the Stamped Number in the Deadwax at 6 O'clock the H is at approx 1 O'clock.

The H is on both sides, however quite poorly Stamped but in the same position regards the Stamped Number.

Social source share

Hi

Holding the Stamped Number in the Deadwax at 6 O'clock the H is at approx 1 O'clock.

The H is on both sides, however quite poorly Stamped but in the same position regards the Stamped Number.

Yes thats how mine is. I was comparing it to you scan, where your 'H' is nearer the clock thats all.

Thanks

P :wicked:

Social source share

...and here's a nice WD label variant on Keyman:

:lol:

That's Extremely Rare Mate.

Just wondering if the "Moanin', Groanin', and Cryin'" side

Achived much Airplay at the time, considering it being released twice.

Although buried on the B Side TWICE :P

Should have, It's a Brilliant Track.

Social source share

"Times A Wasting"

Is there a stamped boot of the issue with the Hex clock design?

I had an issue, not demo, with the Hex clock design. The gold of the label looked a lot darker than your hex design demo. The sound quility is low, about half volume, but it was stamped.

I have seen some other issues with hex clock design sold as originals but I am not sure about them with their murky looking gold label and low-fi sound. I have always thought the demo like you have pictured looks/is right, the colour looks much the same as the round clock design.

I have since bought an issue with the round clock design and the sound quaility is great.

Social source share

"Times A Wasting"

Is there a stamped boot of the issue with the Hex clock design?

I had an issue, not demo, with the Hex clock design. The gold of the label looked a lot darker than your hex design demo. The sound quility is low, about half volume, but it was stamped.

I have seen some other issues with hex clock design sold as originals but I am not sure about them with their murky looking gold label and low-fi sound. I have always thought the demo like you have pictured looks/is right, the colour looks much the same as the round clock design.

I have since bought an issue with the round clock design and the sound quaility is great.

Believed to be Different Pressing Plants used Originally for the Hexagonal Clock Design.

Here is a >>> LINK TO POST - FEBRUARY 27 2007 <<<

Discussion regarding different Variations.

post-1703-1172859809_thumb.jpg

This Scan Courtesy of Johnny Mack, Posted FEB 2007.

Social source share

Believed to be Different Pressing Plants used Originally for the Hexagonal Clock Design.

Here is a >>> LINK TO POST - FEBRUARY 27 2007 <<<

Discussion regarding different Variations.

post-1703-1172859809_thumb.jpg

Thats the one I had, low sound reproduction. After 30+ years of collecting something about the copy pictured above did/does not seem right.

I wonder if there is an issue, with the Hex clock design, but with the label colour and vinyl quality of your demo, I would have thought they would have made some issues at the same pressing plant as the Demo.

Social source share

Thats the one I had, low sound reproduction. After 30+ years of collecting something about the copy pictured above did/does not seem right.

I wonder if there is an issue, with the Hex clock design, but with the label colour and vinyl quality of your demo, I would have thought they would have made some issues at the same pressing plant as the Demo.

I bought the DEMO from Soul Bowl in the 70's.

I know what you mean regarding Stock Copies of this Press,

I have seen one other on >>> PopSike.com LINK <<< also a DEMO.

The Thread from FEB 2007 Suggests that the Gold Copy was around, very early on and Stamped.

Quality wise is a Mystery if it is as thought an Original Press.

Social source share

• 2 years later...

I bought the DEMO from Soul Bowl in the 70's.

I know what you mean regarding Stock Copies of this Press,

I have seen one other on >>> PopSike.com LINK <<< also a DEMO.

The Thread from FEB 2007 Suggests that the Gold Copy was around, very early on and Stamped.

Quality wise is a Mystery if it is as thought an Original Press.

It has taken a long time to find but I now have a proper issue with Hex clock design and the correct colour label.

It is exectly the same colour as the demo and plays with loud and clear sound reproduction.

I have sold the dark gold Hex clock design copy, with the LoFi sound reproduction.

Social source share