Craig W

• Replies 3
  • Views 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Auditions - Get set be ready - Freckles

I've just bought this but cant find any info on it apart that a couple of record sellers have it listed reasonably cheaply. Sounds like a white garage type tune but is a great uptempo dancer. Does anyone know who the group is and where they are from and the date of actual release. It sounds like a 60's recording but the label looks like its a recent release.

Will post a soundfile.

this is a 100% black group from the south side of chicago. from around 1970. this is not valuable because there's a lot of stock of this around. however, there is a very rare earlier label of this, a red label called Get Set, extremely rare and unknown (both sides are the same).

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest SteveC

this is a 100% black group from the south side of chicago. from around 1970. this is not valuable because there's a lot of stock of this around. however, there is a very rare earlier label of this, a red label called Get Set, extremely rare and unknown (both sides are the same).

Great choon - and yes as Boba has stated 100% black from the southside of Chicago but (remarkably, to my ear) a 1973 outing!!! Think I'll be turning the pitch down a tad if and when I get a copy to spin!!!

Social source share