P'boro Oldies Night Last Night

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to my mates, the promoters Wayne and Dave and especially those who make it all happen, the punters making it a night to remember, it was one of those nights that had a real good all-nighter feel to it.

I was 50 the other week and some people took the opportunity to make the soul ole night a bit of a unexpected bash, thank you to Mary who presented me with a photo of me doing my dance floor bizz 33 years ago, god I was a good looking dude.

Play list from last night

Cobblestone Tricke me etc

Velvets I gotta find me somebody

Fidels Try a little harder

The Present Manys the slip etc

Marie Knight Thats no way to treat a girl

The Charades key to my happiness

Johnny Wyatt This Thing call Love

Harold Melvin Praying

Jeff Perry Love dont etc

The Bothers Are you ready for this

Frank Popp You've been gone too long

JJ Barnes Our Love is in the Pocket

The Vonnettes Touch my heart

Lee Andrews Cant do without you

Rubin Youve been away

Martha Reeve and The Vandellas NowhereTo Run

Jnr Walker Roadrunner

Jackie Wilson Open the door to your heart

William Bell Happy

Cindy Scott I Love you Baby

Rain Out of My Mind

Sounds of Lane Tracks to your mind

The Tempos Countdowm

Lada Edmund The LARUE

Edited by PaulDonely
  • Replies 3
  • Views 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to my mates, the promoters Wayne and Dave and especially those who make it all happen, the punters making it a night to remember, it was one of those nights that had a real good all-nighter feel to it.

I was 50 the other week and some people took the opportunity to make the soul ole night a bit of a unexpected bash, thank you to Mary who presented me with a photo of me doing my dance floor bizz 33 years ago, god I was a good looking dude.

Play list from last night

Cobblestone Tricke me etc

Velvets I gotta find me somebody

Fidels Try a little harder

The Present Manys the slip etc

Marie Knight Thats no way to treat a girl

The Charades key to my happiness

Johnny Wyatt This Thing call Love

Harold Melvin Praying

Jeff Perry Love dont etc

The Bothers Are you ready for this

Frank Popp You've been gone too long

JJ Barnes Our Love is in the Pocket

The Vonnettes Touch my heart

Lee Andrews Cant do without you

Rubin Youve been away

Martha Reeve and The Vandellas NowhereTo Run

Jnr Walker Roadrunner

Jackie Wilson Open the door to your heart

William Bell Happy

Cindy Scott I Love you Baby

Rain Out of My Mind

Sounds of Lane Tracks to your mind

The Tempos Countdowm

Lada Edmund The LARUE

My mate, and co-promoter of Ponds Forge, Tony Wiggan was guest there last night.... he phoned me to say he'd broken down on way to Peterborough.... apparently Wayne (?) went and picked him up, 30ish miles away I think, and so he was still able to get and play.... Tony said Wayne sorted/booked him and his patrner, Julia, with a hotel/motel for the night.... so looks like he's back on the train this morning and then begins trying to get his car home on the cheap :lol: .... just realised if I hadn't been on afters I'd have been with him and wouldn't be at work now :yes::yes:

Anyway, despite his mishap, said the night was a good one :thumbsup: ....

hi paul , nice to see you back on the scene, 50 ,you will soon catch me up,hope to see you about soon , keep it soulfull mr j.p. ps to you, john pearson boston. ps still got my 40th tape of you, and still play it all the best john.

hi paul , nice to see you back on the scene, 50 ,you will soon catch me up,hope to see you about soon , keep it soulfull mr j.p. ps to you, john pearson boston. ps still got my 40th tape of you, and still play it all the best john.

bloody hell JP whistling.gif

Source Advert