Calling Four Tops Anoraks

Our local soul show radio played a Four Tops track last night "Dont turn away" or something similar, awesome mid tempo sophisticated Detroit soul, any ideas any soundfiles....I must get this tune.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Our local soul show radio played a Four Tops track last night "Dont turn away" or something similar, awesome mid tempo sophisticated Detroit soul, any ideas any soundfiles....I must get this tune.

Here you go Paul, its an album track, cant remember the name of the album though ph34r.gif

Four_Tops.MP3

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

Its from the first Four Tops LP titled Four Tops, also some other great tunes on it inc 'Tea House in China Town'

regards

Paul

Not a patch on Jimmy Harts version, IMO

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Sorry to disagree with a very valid opinion, but if you put Levi Stubbs and Jimmy Hart in any kind of emotional vocal contest there's only ever going to be one winner, and it ain't ever gonna be Jim... whistling.gif

TONE

Social source share

There's another version of 'Don't Turn Away' by Tony Diamond on Blue Rock ..... ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

Better IMO ..... a little slower .... but sooooooooo good! whistling.gif

:lol::lol: oh yes thumbsup.gif:lol:

HB :yes:

Social source share

i think dont turn away is on a budget cd usually found in asda/service stations titled greatest hits, however the cd has very few "greatest hits" on it :shades: , on the subject of great four tops tracks, check out "save it for a rainy day" from the album the show must go on, and "sexy ways" from the album called magic, both excellent and i believe cheap

Social source share

Reading the above posts reminded me of "Left With A Broken Heart" a track that I played a lot back in the day, I reckon it was on a budget MFP album.

Social source share

Guest stax'a'soul

Reading the above posts reminded me of "Left With A Broken Heart" a track that I played a lot back in the day, I reckon it was on a budget MFP album.

"LEFT WITH A BROKEN HEART" IS ALSO ON THE SAME LP AS "DONT TURN AWAY" & "TEA HOUSE IN CHINA TOWN"......GREAT TRACK.

STEVE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert