Radio 'n' Stuff

Any questions concerning 'who, what, when, where' concerning the programme or Noirthern Soul in general, I will be happy to answer them.

The Northern Soul Hall of Fame

Presenter; Kev Roberts

THIS WEEKEND; Oct 2/3

Stations; Solar, Sky Digital Channel 879(www.goldsoul.co.uk)

Saturday 10am-Noon. The show is rolled out to Sunshine 855am(Shropshire) and Mansfield 103.2fm(North Midlands) for air on Sunday at 5-7pm.

USA listeners can hear the show on the ESN format www.beachshag.com at 12 noon USA and 5pm UK time every Sunday. Some selections are featured on Saga 106.6(East Midlands) every Friday at 8pm.

THIS WEEKS SHOW(playlist, competitions, guests)

Hour 1(Northern); Steve Karmen-Breakaway Pt.1(1968), Look At Me Now-Terry Callier(1968), We Got Love-Teddy Pendergrass(unreleased), I'll Never Forget You-The O'Jays(1965), I Just Want To Fall In Love-The Detroit Spinners(1980), Selective Gig Guide, The Duck-Willie Hutch(1965), Candy-The Astors(1965), Before Its Too Late-Jackie Day(1966), Shame On The World-Main Ingredient(1974), Temporarily Out Of Order-The Originals( 1977), The Way You've Been Acting Lately-Al Kent(1966), COMPETITION WIN £100,

Then 'Look What You've Done To My Heart'-Shirley and the Shirelles(1969) and SHIRLEY ALSTON in conversation plus LAST MINUTE MIRACLE(1966)

Hour 2; A great selection of CLASSIC SOUL(60's-present)

Requests and info to; kev@thesoulshow.com

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quickie to say 'HELLO' to all Soul Source members. Becky my employee can now get down to some real work!

I am more than happy to enter into conversation about RECORDS, EVENTS and try and be as helpful as possible.

The playlist is not self promotional, I am asked to submit lists every week to individual listeners and on the various radio station web sites, I just felt a very active and well run forum like SS is the right vehicle for the playlist.

I appreciate this is most folks hobby(NS) and I am at the business end of it all, however I too am a fan and spent many a day scouring through warehouses in the USA from 1974 for vinyl to(in more recent times-the last 23 years!) organising events.

My philosphy(as most people know) is to keep the scene popular and going!

I understand many have different ideas on that subject. But to friends old and new, hopefully I can bring a little experience and knowledge to the party, AND LEARN SOMETHING TOO!

My good wishes,

Kev Roberts

Social source share

Just to clear up any confusion on the forum .... Becky emailed the moderators this morning to address the "members" name fiasco.

From now on, Kev will be the only person posting under the member name "Bexter".

Right - hope that's all straight now - back to the soul :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!