• Replies 154
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Adam G

I can heartly recommend solpadene as the breakfast of choice of the Middlesbrough attendees.Its about this time every year I can just start to stomach the smell of Jack Daniels let alone drink it then we arrive and wallop another year to try and get over it!.looking forward to it now.

5hr drive though is a killer though I did hear Fraser had set off on Monday!

Now with the first New Chapter at the new venue out of the way (very nice start). all that`s left is a good nights sleep, a visit to the gym, a hair transplant, a brain transplant, a seriously big loan,a seriously big meal and then meet Andy,Carol ,Gavin ,Sharon etc for a seriously good thursday night "yarmouth here we come " drink up !!

Mark H

Guest Gavin Page

MORNING GANG :thumbsup:

Hiiiii Ho it's off to Yarmuff we go !!!!

New Sound System Sorted.

Gave Cosby a Good Dig last night.

So all set !

Leaving aboyt Three !!!!

Just thought i'd let everyone know who's coming to Yarmouth that i have at least 10 boxes of LP's for sale which will on show for the first time!

From a collection of someone with immense taste in Soul, the quality is impeccable.

There's no 'mega rarities' i.e. Pulse etc but tons of stuff like Solid Solution, Prince Philip Mitchell, Ronn Matlock, Zingara, Sam Dees etc etc etc etc

Come and have a delve!

The £1 US 45's box is also being prepared for a long overdue return too :yes:

Got the odd rare 45 too :thumbsup:

See y'all tomorrow

Steve

Guest Marcus B

1 more sleep and that's it.!

Hi- Ho! Off to the best ' SOUL WEEKENDER' we go.

Well looking forward to this again.

See y'all there with dancing and drink heads on.

Yahoooooo,

Marcus

:yes::thumbsup:

QUOTE(Marcus B @ Apr 6 2006, 05:22 PM) link 1 more sleep and that's it.!

Hi- Ho! Off to the best ' SOUL WEEKENDER' we go. Well looking forward to this again.

See y'all there with dancing and drink heads on.Yahoooooo,Marcus

Edited by jonbuck

I reckon I must be the only one that is awake enough to comment on this weekends SOUL ESSENECE

Fan-bloody-tastic :lol: , all the DJ's were on top form and as usual; those that missed this years musical spectacular then try harder next year.

Gavin; I think you have something to comment with regard to Wigan's Car Park!!!! :P

Thankyou to everyone who attended Soul Essece 24. And for making it a great event, best Dj's for me were

Gareth and Sean Hampsey. Flanny's collectors set was ok too!! :lol:

Many thanks to good friends for making this a memorable weekend for me (you know who are) :P

Shaz x

A BIG THANKS to Gavin ,Bob ,Sue ,Sharon for a cracking weekend , a big hallo to everyone we only see at yarmuth .

This was a very good yarmuth , loads of tunes played over the weekend that we havnt heard before many of them to die for , an atmosphere thats just awsome and a very good laugh .

Thanks Guys

Guest Gavin Page

Firstly, a BIG BIG thank you to all the Soul Essence Family that came along !

Secondly, Thank you to all the Jocks for all playing there socks off !

Thirdly, Thank you to all the Record Dealers for taking my money

Lastly, What Happend ph34r.gif

See you all again next year !

How many Sleeps ?

thanks gavin and bob what a fantastic weekend,lots of good people and great music.its got to be one of the best weekenders going.from Richard(soulville weekender)

Edited by richard99
Guest D'Arcy

A truly great weekend again. Really enjoyed Steve G's set in the early hours of Sunday and Flanny's on Sat afternoon. But again all the D'J's were soooperb. :lol: I've posted some photo's up, but everyone seems bladdered in 'em, funny that ph34r.gif

Guest Adam G

As usuall superb......still fuzzy headed.

For me favourite spots were

Sean(I wont do you Sam Dees!)Hampsey Sat,

Charlie on friday night.

Gareth D who also promised to spill a drink on me on the dancefloor so I didnt feel left out

Also the sight of a drunken Steve Plumb pogo'ing to the Ultimates during Steve G's set after informing one of the German visitors that I was a c**t Himself(Steve) was a wa**er and his mate a t*at!!.

Sat afternoon in the downbeat lounge was excellant even with Gavin miming suicide every time he came in.

Guest Gavin Page

A truly great weekend again. Really enjoyed Steve G's set in the early hours of Sunday and Flanny's on Sat afternoon. But again all the D'J's were soooperb. :lol: I've posted some photo's up, but everyone seems bladdered in 'em, funny that whistling.gif

Need to send them to the site to be updated please mate !

Very nice !!!

As usuall superb......still fuzzy headed.

For me favourite spots were

Sean(I wont do you Sam Dees!)Hampsey Sat,

Charlie on friday night.

Gareth D who also promised to spill a drink on me on the dancefloor so I didnt feel left out

Also the sight of a drunken Steve Plumb pogo'ing to the Ultimates during Steve G's set after informing one of the German visitors that I was a c**t Himself(Steve) was a wa**er and his mate a t*at!!.

Sat afternoon in the downbeat lounge was excellant even with Gavin miming suicide every time he came in.

How can you remember he or she was a German, the state you were in :lol:

Guest Mick W

A big thankyou to all of the Essence crowd, who made it such a great event. The music as usual was outstanding and to everyone I met and chatted with over lots of alcohol, thankyou. Managed to get a load of photos of drunken Soulies, dancing, drinking and putting the world to rights. Oh I did get some of Gavin looking extremely hung over on Saturday morning..... posting soon.Have a Gorilla ........ whistling.gif

Guest D'Arcy

Need to send them to the site to be updated please mate !

Very nice !!!

I'll mail 'em to ya mate. :lol:

How can you remember he or she was a German, the state you were in whistling.gif

Guest Gavin Page

How can you remember he or she was a German, the state you were in whistling.gif

Ahh well it must have been a gadgie even stonking drunk Steve maintains that strange charm over the laydees and would never knowingly use profanity.Did you also hear about Charlie knocking a pint right into Gouchers record box in the deep room!!

Mick W ....I think you were among a few I (bald head purple top) accosted and enquired what you had had while visiting the boys closet It was a juvenile game and I apologise ............... :lol:

No I didn't mate would have paid to see that :lol: Thank you for the Bluenotes Album :lol:

Yeah you are right about Steve .

Guest MOLLY

What a fantastic weekend,music was of the highest calibre all the way through to sunday afternoon (when Tracy and I got asked to leave,because the Landlord wanted to lock up!) whistling.gif .My wants list has grown considerably :lol: Now I know why Gavin and Jason have been trying to get me to go for years.

Gavin can I buy a 10 year season ticket ?

A big thank you to all DJ's and promoters.Roll on next year....

Best

Molly

First off I would like to say thanks to the organisers and DJ's another fantastic weekender. I had a great time and will surely be back next year. It was also very nice to see all of you again! Arrived back at my home earlier today so I'm still a bit too tired to do a full review, so this will have to be it. I might post a couple of photos later on though. Thanks again!

whistling.gif // Kristoffer

Edited by Kristoffer Ahl
Guest Johnny One Trout

Brilliant as always and made even more so because of having the pleasure of inflicting some of our tunes on people during Saturday afternoon (Thanks Gav and Bob for that)

Roll on next year whistling.gif

John & Ali xx

Guest Marcus B

Afternoonie.....Wot another Blinding Soul Essence we all had.

Phew , Well Knackered at workio today but well worth it. icon_smile_big.gif Big thanks to Bob,Gav and the Girls for running a top event. icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Great DJ's playing the best (IMHO) music and TOP notch company as ever.

Many great memories to take away and digest.....abSOULutely Quality.

Fabulous weekend - only just getting the feeling back in my extremities now :D its the alchohol stream reverting back to blood ranting_1.gif

Highlights for me - Stevie G's late Sat session, Plumby "doing it fluid" on Sat night, Gary Dennis's "had a fight with a blackboard" top, Mr Houghton's spot in the Deep Room, Stevie C's "Romford - Island In The Sun" T-Shirt & all the smiling faces :D

Here's what I managed to play over the weekend. Thanks to Bob & Gav et all behind the scenes for another resounding success.

Girf

Friday Night 9-10pm

Alton Ellis Sho Be Do Be Do (I Love You) A&M 45

Annette Poindexter Wayward Dream Twinight 45

B.J.B. I Gotta Make You Believe In Me Tee-Ti 45

Charles Williams Standing In The Way EMI 45

Fathers Children Hollywood Dreaming Mercury LP

Glen Ricketts Does It Really Matter SCR 45

Jackie Ross The World Needs More People Like You Golden Ear LP

Jocelyn Brown If I Can't Have Your Love Posse 45

Johnny Taylor It Don't Pay To Get Up In The Morning Stax LP

Marvin Gaye Soon I'll Be Loving You Again Tamla LP

Notations Take It Slow WB 45

Seville Show Me The Way Kayo 45

Tommy McGee Now That I Have You TMG 45

W. King Cole I Wonder Why Rahtid 45

Whatnauts Give Him Up GSF 45

Willie Tee Teasing You Again Gatur 45

Saturday Night 11-12pm

Luther Vandross Better Love Epic 12

Rance Allen Group Reason To Survive Capitol LP

Kellee Paterson I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby Mint 45

Willie "Beaver" Hale Groove On T.K. 12

Isley Brothers That Lady Epic 12

Celest Hardie You're Gone Reynolds 45

Differences Five Minutes Mon'ca 45

Second Re$surrection You Done Let Daylight Catch You Stanson 45

Tommy Tate I Can't Do Enough For You Baby Malaco LP

Sam Dees What's It Gonna Be Atlantic LP

M.J. Wade I'm Gonna Ball Baby Helva 12

Lonnie Hill Galveston Bay Ten 12

Edited by Girthdevon

Here's a few of the oddballs I played - I have left out the more obvious stuff:

Galaxy "Superstar" (not the UK group!)

Magnificents "Don't take your love" (B side of "There can be a better way")

Willie Dee "It looks like rain"

Hill Sisters "Gotta get even"

Jettson & Prinz "Judge & Jury"

Rising Love "You take my heart away"

The Multiple Choice "I wouldn't be crying"

Lorraine Johnson "If you want me to be more of a woman, you got to be more of a man"

Leno phillips "Confusion"

Reggie Garner "Spellbound"

Linda Evans "A woman has taken her place"

Ralph Soul Jackson "I can't leave your love alone"

The Barons "Love is so real"

Trey J's "I found it all in you"

Starfire "Make the most of it"

TUME "Love shortage"

Sweet Geraldine "Brainstorm"

4th Creation "I think I would cry"

Bobby Montgomery "I need you girl"

Richard Marks "Innocent bystander"

LaDellics "Never gonna change"

James Galyn "You came first at last"

21st Century "Stop your moaning"

Marvels "One of these old days"

+ the inevitable old acetates and cover ups ranting_1.gif - Frankie Saunders, Patterson Twins, Heartstoppers, Mike Stokes and Sam's "Carl Marshall"

Guest Gavin Page

Here's a few of the oddballs I played - I have left out the more obvious stuff:

Galaxy "Superstar" (not the UK group!)

Magnificents "Don't take your love" (B side of "There can be a better way")

Willie Dee "It looks like rain"

Hill Sisters "Gotta get even"

Jettson & Prinz "Judge & Jury"

Rising Love "You take my heart away"

The Multiple Choice "I wouldn't be crying"

Lorraine Johnson "If you want me to be more of a woman, you got to be more of a man"

Leno phillips "Confusion"

Reggie Garner "Spellbound"

Linda Evans "A woman has taken her place"

Ralph Soul Jackson "I can't leave your love alone"

The Barons "Love is so real"

Trey J's "I found it all in you"

Starfire "Make the most of it"

TUME "Love shortage"

Sweet Geraldine "Brainstorm"

4th Creation "I think I would cry"

Bobby Montgomery "I need you girl"

Richard Marks "Innocent bystander"

LaDellics "Never gonna change"

James Galyn "You came first at last"

21st Century "Stop your moaning"

Marvels "One of these old days"

+ the inevitable old acetates and cover ups whistling.gif - Frankie Saunders, Patterson Twins, Heartstoppers, Mike Stokes and Sam's "Carl Marshall"

Starfire ! Tune of the Weekend for me ! First time I have heard it :D Now the problem is where to get one :D

TUME is great as well !!!!

Guest Dodger

Starfire ! Tune of the Weekend for me ! First time I have heard it :D Now the problem is where to get one :D

TUME is great as well !!!!

The Starfire is on about three different issues of the album I think, Gav. Stunner of a tune.

Coincidentally just bought the TUME album last week from a link to James Devlin's site on here. Not the version Stevie G played but pretty damn nice all the same and unknown to me until last week. whistling.gif

Edited by Dodger
Guest Gavin Page

The Starfire is on about three different issues of the album I think, Gav. Stunner of a tune.

Yes mate Mr Devon was telling me that on another site. Really having a hard time finding one :D Steve G has it on a 45 I think whistling.gif

A record has not got to me like this for a long while :D

Thank you for the Info'

will post playlists tomorrow, seeing as the feeling has only just come back to my finger tips!

twas a reet good weekend

Thanks to Gav, Bob, Sharon & Sue

Roll on next year ph34r.gif

Cheers

Steve

Hey you are welcome!! :lol:

Love Shaz x

Gav here`s the Two "Starfire" Lps to look out for with "Make the most of it" on,also have 2 or 3 45s by this

group but i can`t find them at the moment.

Dave f.........

post-2848-1144881048_thumb.jpg post-2848-1144881087_thumb.jpg

Dynamic Artists the 45 is on a black version of the label - Sammy boy was selling one of these albums on Sunday morning ranting_1.gif - not sure if he sold it or not in the end.

Guest Gavin Page

Gav here`s the Two "Starfire" Lps to look out for with "Make the most of it" on,also have 2 or 3 45s by this

group but i can`t find them at the moment.

Dave f.........

post-2848-1144881048_thumb.jpg post-2848-1144881087_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much Dave !