[Rs] joyce kennedy - misunderstood (ran - dee 110) 1963

Gold Band

Title: joyce kennedy - misunderstood (ran - dee 110) 1963
Artist: joyce kennedy
Track: misunderstood
Label: ran-dee

110 1963 Record information:

joyce kennedy (born joyce washington) cut her first single ran-dee 110 - darling i still love you / misunderstood in 1963 it was produced by andre williams. darling i still love you was a local hit & was also co-written by williams, it received little airplay anywhere else. a second release on ran dee, "can't take a chance," also failed to perform. kennedy then appeared on fontana records with paddle my own canoe. with williams still at the helm, she released i'm a good girl, the boisterous single became her second local hit, but once again, went nowhere outside of cook county. a second blue rock release, my hi fi albums and me, flopped as well, but is now sought after. though the recordings ended, she still performed all over the chicago area. she met singer glenn murdock, an ex-vondells member, and the soulful duet embarked on tours across the country. after marrying, the two formed mother's finest in 1975, presumptively billed as the first black rock band. they had a steady stream of album releases, all critically acclaimed, but only scrounged a couple of small hits. a nonentity for black audiences, the band's fondest fans were white, and after disbanding in 1984, kennedy signed with a&m. during 1984-85, she enjoyed a string of hit singles, led by the top 40 the last time i made love (a duet with jeffrey osborne), but also including stronger than before, lookin' for trouble, and hold on (for love's sake).

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic