Artist: johnny caswell
Track: you don't love me anymore
Label: decca

32017 usa Record information:

Social source share

• 5 years later...

70s BOOT :

CHAMPION_CHP-101-A_B.pngCHAMPION_CHP-101-B_B.png

This record was one of the many BOOTs that I bought back in the 70s, The only way to buy & thinking that they were OK. at the time.

If I could only have bottled the feeling that I had whist clutching records like this on my way home on the train from nottingham.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Maybe it`s just me but back in the day did you really care about the label? I know I didn`t. Coming home from a great alldayer or Wigan nighter with a couple of new sounds such as the one above was all that mattered and the cost was minimal (I think my copy of the above on Champion cost me £1 at aTiffanys all dayer in Stoke on Trent circa 1977) As did my copy of Freddie Chavez "they`ll never know why" £1...In fact most of the popular stuff could be had for a couple of quid if you looked around.

Northern soul for me was, and still is, all about the music...I leave the labels to the collectors.

Edited by PeteSi
Social source share

You're so right Pete, 16 yrs old, know nothing but just having to have 'that' sound - and then there it is for a quid or whatever how wonderful it was - at the time! I had missed the Tomangos when it was first pressed (there were never many of that first press about) and a mate flogged it me for 75p secondhand 'cos I looked so sad! How nice was that?

I did sell him a real one cheap (£25) many years later in appreciation of his gesture though.

p.s. what was it with those little coloured dots they always seemed to have on them?

Edited by Rich B
Social source share