Union Boat Club Notts

John May

O.K so after a great weekend just gone, Manchester and all that, gotta start thinking about this weekend coming......... umm !

Me thinks the Union boat club at notts looks the best bet for friday, Nottinghams rare soul oasis............ yep sold thats for me this friday.

D.J line up looks good as well,

Anybody else going ?..............

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Nah as much as i like the Union it's no smoking!!!!!!! and besides our lass is DJing in Worcester at Rob Hurcombes do which also looks good ;o))

John

Although its no smoking there is a door at the edge of the dance floor that leads onto a nice terrace overlooking the River Trent. That is the usual smokers haunt. For me the Union club is probably the nicest venue with regards to location. Those summer night watching the party boats go down the trent from the terrace makes a nice evening.

I think in time many of the venues will be no smoking.

Sorry Johnny I am just letting the smokers know its not all doom and gloom! lol

Shane

Nah as much as i like the Union it's no smoking!!!!!!! and besides our lass is DJing in Worcester at Rob Hurcombes do which also looks good ;o))

John

link

Guest in town Mikey

A great veue for the scenery is the venue for These old Shoes, the Tower bar in London. Come out and walk across Tower Bridge, if it isnt up, and look at London at night. Stunning. And with a fantastic tune probably going round in your head, makes it even better.

A great veue for the scenery is the venue for These old Shoes, the Tower bar in London. Come out and walk across Tower Bridge, if it isnt up, and look at London at night. Stunning. And with a fantastic tune probably going round in your head, makes it even better.

link

What about Prestwich? lol

Only joking as its not important but I do like the Union Club terrace.

Anymore nice settings?

Shane

Although its no smoking there is a door at the edge of the dance floor that leads onto a nice terrace overlooking the River Trent. That is the usual smokers haunt. For me the Union club is probably the nicest venue with regards to location. Those summer night watching the party boats go down the trent from the terrace makes a nice evening.

I think in time many of the venues will be no smoking.

Sorry Johnny I am just letting the smokers know its not all doom and gloom! lol

Shane

Shane

You forgot to mention the sounds which are as good as anywhere in the country. And also the friendly atmosphere which buzzes whether its ram-packed or only half full. I'm off for sure as IMO its (praps) the best rare soul night in the country.

Guest Johnny One Trout

I agree the Union and the Brit are boith in a great setting and the music at the Union is great at least when i've been in the past. Thing is it usually clashes with something that we have already committed to and has done for a while.

Don't get me wrong, not knocking the joint at all, and understand the NS policy (not to be confused with the NST policy) just a pain to have to go outside every two minutes ;o((

BTW Shane if you stand on the (indoor) balcony at the back of Prestwich you get a lovely view of the Car Park LOL

JoT

PS there is an amusing story concerning a very good pal of mine waking up one morning after a night out at the Brit (next to union) under the bridge with 1 arm and 1 leg dangling in the Trent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!